E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AUX in, day running lights and nodding Steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: UK 530i 2004 Auto

I have just had the AUX in added to my 2004 530i, this took longer than expected as I had asked them to check out my sound system due to the radio or CD cutting out intermitantly if my Bluetooth phone was not in range. They updated all my software as they said it was old and it should clear the problem which it has, it took somthing like 5 hours for the reprogram and now the steering wheel gos up and down on its own when I get in nice greeting
My question is how do I select Aux in as I do not see it as an option on the entertainment menu, I have conected my MP3 player to the socket but cant get the sound trough?
I also have seen that there is a day running light option but can not see what this does.
I didnot have time to ask the dealer as they ran very late due to the reprogramming.
Can anyone shed any light please.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Your dealer needs to reprogram otherwise AUX should be under Entertainment menu along with AM, FM, and CD.
Best Regards.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by engtechst' post='267876' date='Apr 11 2006, 03:02 PM
I have just had the AUX in added to my 2004 530i, this took longer than expected as I had asked them to check out my sound system due to the radio or CD cutting out intermitantly if my Bluetooth phone was not in range. They updated all my software as they said it was old and it should clear the problem which it has, it took somthing like 5 hours for the reprogram and now the steering wheel gos up and down on its own when I get in nice greeting
My question is how do I select Aux in as I do not see it as an option on the entertainment menu, I have conected my MP3 player to the socket but cant get the sound trough?
I also have seen that there is a day running light option but can not see what this does.
I didnot have time to ask the dealer as they ran very late due to the reprogramming.
Can anyone shed any light please.

I have the same problem with my radio/CD cutting out, but I don't have a bluetooth phone. I do have a bluetooth transmitter for my iPod though. I also get a SOS System Malfunction warning and I have no idea why that is.

All that they did was update your software and it fixed the problem? They upgraded mine to 20.02 and that's when I started having the problem. What software version do you have?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Members

My Ride: UK 530i 2004 Auto

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='267883' date='Apr 11 2006, 11:17 PM
I have the same problem with my radio/CD cutting out, but I don't have a bluetooth phone. I do have a bluetooth transmitter for my iPod though. I also get a SOS System Malfunction warning and I have no idea why that is.

All that they did was update your software and it fixed the problem? They upgraded mine to 20.02 and that's when I started having the problem. What software version do you have?
I tried to get the dealer to tell me what the version was, but all he would tell me is that it was the latest, they were running late and everyone else had gone home so I guess he wanted to get off two, I will follow this up tomorrow and try and confirm the SIP version and get my Aux in selected.