E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Aux Coding San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:50 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 e60
Default Aux Coding San Diego

Anybody know where I can get my aux coded in San Diego?
Old 10-09-2014, 03:20 PM
New Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2004

Do it yourself, it wasn't very difficult. I just did it this past weekend. Followed roskinc guides on youtube. Also got the cable from him. He's in SoCal somewhere so you may want to contact him. Here's the coding guide:

Old 10-09-2014, 04:40 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by brewmasterflash
Do it yourself, it wasn't very difficult. I just did it this past weekend. Followed roskinc guides on youtube. Also got the cable from him. He's in SoCal somewhere so you may want to contact him. Here's the coding guide:

BMW E60 5 series How to code AUX in Idrive ncs expert step by step - YouTube
I am having trouble installing the drivers for the cable. Tried on vmwareplayer and also installed xp on a older laptop and that also did not work.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 PM
New Members

Did your cable come with the drivers on a cd-rom or something similar? I had some issues getting my cable to work too. I'm no expert, so you may want to check out the bmw coding forum.

I should edit my post first reply. It's not hard, once you get your hardware working. It did take me a while to get everything running.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:33 PM
New Members

Did your cable come with the drivers on a cd-rom or something similar? I had some issues getting my cable to work too. I'm no expert, so you may want to check out the bmw coding forum.

I should edit my post first reply. It's not hard, once you get your hardware working. It did take me a while to get everything running.

It came with a broken Chinese Cd. I've been up and down the bmwcoding forum and tried every guide plus different versions of inpa and bmw standard tools. Went to the ftdichip website and those drivers did not work. I don't know what to do.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 AM
New Members

Man thats rough. My cable came with a chinese cd too, but i was able to find the drivers on it. I also installed an newer version of bmw standard tools and have been using that and not the software that came with the cd. I also had to reinstall once to get the com port # right.

There are guys that run services to code it for you remotely. They send you the laptop and cable and walk you through it and then you send it back. Seems like a good option if you cant find anything in SD and you cant get yours to work.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:16 PM
New Members

Man thats rough. My cable came with a chinese cd too, but i was able to find the drivers on it. I also installed an newer version of bmw standard tools and have been using that and not the software that came with the cd. I also had to reinstall once to get the com port # right.

There are guys that run services to code it for you remotely. They send you the laptop and cable and walk you through it and then you send it back. Seems like a good option if you cant find anything in SD and you cant get yours to work.
Yeah it's pretty damn rough. I finally was able to setup a appointment with a coder in San Diego tomorrow so no need for inpa and ncsexpert.

Appreciate the advice though.