E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Automatic "manual" clima (A/C)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys (and gals?)!

I searched the forum and found some older discussions regarding the fan speed issue on the manual clima.
The latest post was for one year ago so I now wonder if there is any news about this.

My car is going in for a SW upgrade on Friday (due to problems with CD always restarting from track 1 after shutdown and to upgrade the voice control to English).

So the big question is if there has happened anything new with this issue and if it's possible to have tha auto fan speed function upgraded on the standard manual clima?

My car was built 08/03
Old 03-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robbo' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:10 AM
My car is going in for a SW upgrade on Friday (due to problems with CD always restarting from track 1 after shutdown and to upgrade the voice control to English).

So the big question is if there has happened anything new with this issue and if it's possible to have tha auto fan speed function upgraded on the standard manual clima?
I had both of these problems and both were fixed by the S/W upgrade...

The standard A/C on AUTO varies the fan speed and temperature based on the inside temperature and the demanded temperature.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Mar 9 2005, 07:45 AM
[quote name='Robbo' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:10 AM']My car is going in for a SW upgrade on Friday (due to problems with CD always restarting from track 1 after shutdown and to upgrade the voice control to English).

The standard A/C on AUTO varies the fan speed and temperature based on the inside temperature and the demanded temperature.
[snapback]99051[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just talked to my dealer and they told me that it's only possible do have the automatic fan on cars built after 03/2004 and it can't be upgraded!

Old 03-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:04 PM
[quote name='colejl' date='Mar 9 2005, 07:45 AM'][quote name='Robbo' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:10 AM']My car is going in for a SW upgrade on Friday (due to problems with CD always restarting from track 1 after shutdown and to upgrade the voice control to English).

[snapback]99051[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just talked to my dealer and they told me that it's only possible do have the automatic fan on cars built after 03/2004 and it can't be upgraded!

[snapback]99109[/snapback]
[/quote]

?? My car is a 2003 and i've had the software upgraded to sort out the fan issue!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 9 2005, 04:04 PM
[quote name='colejl' date='Mar 9 2005, 07:45 AM'][quote name='Robbo' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:10 AM']My car is going in for a SW upgrade on Friday (due to problems with CD always restarting from track 1 after shutdown and to upgrade the voice control to English).

[/quote]
[/quote]
They are talking RUBBISH!!!

As another post has pointed out - it's sorted by software!

Mine's definitely pre 03/2004 and it works FINE
Old 03-09-2005, 01:52 PM
stu
Members

Bloody dealers ! They don't know a thing - better info here .....Grrr
Old 03-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stu' date='Mar 10 2005, 12:52 AM
Bloody dealers ! They don't know a thing - better info here .....Grrr
[snapback]99276[/snapback]

My dealer also called BMW Sweden technical department and got the answer that pre 03/2004 cars are not possible to upgrade?

Is it a special SW that's needed or is it in the "standard" iDrive upgrade?
What kind of upgrade did they make?
Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Members

Hi, I write from Hungary, and it is very important to me too.

My car is one of the first e60 in Hungary, 2003.october, and I have manual A/C.

I speak with the dealer but they never heard this: Upgrade the clima soft, because

this is manual.

What is the true in this topic?

Thanks, berkar.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Robbo' date='Mar 10 2005, 08:14 AM
[quote name='stu' date='Mar 10 2005, 12:52 AM']Bloody dealers ! They don't know a thing - better info here .....Grrr
[snapback]99276[/snapback]
My dealer also called BMW Sweden technical department and got the answer that pre 03/2004 cars are not possible to upgrade?

Is it a special SW that's needed or is it in the "standard" iDrive upgrade?
What kind of upgrade did they make?
[/quote]
Perhaps mine is a fluke. When I first had the car I had the two problems mentioned at the start of the thread (CD returning to T1 and AUTO a/c a waste of time)

Upon having the latest (at the time) software put on, both problems went away (along with some other issues...) Someone elses thread covered this subject (AUTO Aircon) and mentioned legal action against BMW - don't know what happened.

But my AUTO function now seems to work just fine. When starting the car from cold the fan is OFF because there's no point in blowing cold air if heat is required. After a few minutes the fan speed increases blowing hot air until the required temperature is met. Once it's there the fan slows down... You can vary the speed of the fan by turning the temperature setting...
Old 03-10-2005, 03:39 AM
Members

I write my question about that my car made 2003.october, and I have manual A/C

Will sw upgrade to my clima?

Quick Reply: Automatic "manual" clima (A/C)