E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Central Door Locking

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 04:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]
Thumbs up

I'm using the automatic door lock after move-off. Set via Idrive.....
While the car is in move all door locks itself. All working great ever since.
Now for the past month after I move off the rear right passenger door does not lock????

Anyone?

so I have to press the central lock button on the dash (next to triangel light) to lock, unlock, lock and than all is finaly lock......
Old 08-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530Xi w/ M-Sport Package 07 335i Cabriolet w/ M-Sport body kit

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='328195' date='Aug 29 2006, 08:42 AM
I'm using the automatic door lock after move-off. Set via Idrive.....
While the car is in move all door locks itself. All working great ever since.
Now for the past month after I move off the rear right passenger door does not lock????

Anyone?
so I have to press the central lock button on the dash (next to triangel light) to lock, unlock, lock and than all is finaly lock......

Does it lock if you push the dash board button?? If not, your lock actuator is stuck. That happened to my passenger side front door and the actuator was replaced under warranty.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

as I said, if I push the dash board button manually it locks, unlock, locks.... like a charm....
Old 09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Result?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

All locks works fine
- and has actually always worked fine on all my BMW's.

Remember the wheater conditions overhere!
Old 11-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Contributors

guys any ideas????
lately it is my left rear pass door as well....
so basicaly after I move off (start driving) sometimes only the front of the car locks.... sometimes it works fine.... but most of the time it does not.... what the hell????
so I have the push the lock/unlock button in the dash to unlock the front and lock all again....

but sometimes even the button on the dash locks only the front doors !!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Have you seen these threads?
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=32645
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=21698

I realize they don't directly give you an answer but at least you know you're not the only one out there with this problem.

I think the dealer is the only one that can help you here -- sounds like a part in the door might need replacing...
Old 11-05-2006, 05:51 AM
Contributors

thanks Rudy... good to know i'm not the only one. In fact quiet a few people out there.... and it happens to all of us after cca 40k km... wow....

obviuosly it is some part wearing off

since so many of us maybe there will be a fix in a year time