E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AUTOBAHN BMW Fort Worth make a donation after the original owner denie

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

The bigger issue is why BMW aren't stepping up to the plate here. It's an open and shut case, and it is not only the dealer's reputation that's being damaged by the appalling way that this is being handled. It isn't enough for BMW to rely on the party line that dealers are independently owned - they are all authorized by BMW.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Originally Posted by swajames
The bigger issue is why BMW aren't stepping up to the plate here. It's an open and shut case, and it is not only the dealer's reputation that's being damaged by the appalling way that this is being handled. It isn't enough for BMW to rely on the party line that dealers are independently owned - they are all authorized by BMW.

It's simple... He hired a Lawyer. C.S. stops helping and hands every thing over to Legal at that point.They have made the decision that it is the Dealers fault, and basically have washed their hands of it.

Is is the right decision? from a Legal stand point , Yes, from a PR and Moral stand point ,Hell No... Just like the guy that one a E92 M3 on EBAY cheap , then the dealer would not honor the price... BMW NA would have nothing to do with it, and the Interwebs took care of it's own
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127993
In a similar situation last year Hyundai corporate stood up for the guy and got him a New car instead of a used on, why..... GOOD PR!
http://jalopnik.com/5458503/genesis-...n-buys-hyundai
Which has had the updates removed but Corp got involved due to the Dealer not understanding that once the interweb Nerd rage has been released it can't be stopped,and backing out, then Corp "highly suggested" they get him a new car at the stated price.

Or the SRT-8 in SF...
http://jalopnik.com/5494399/car-deal...r-srt8-auction
Old 10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Just checked the thread... it is becoming epic. No wonder dealerships have their name....
Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

That dealership should be shut down -- it's a disgrace to BMW!

I don't understand how this could drag on so long.... They damaged the car, it's totaled, insurance gets you a new car.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Members

makes you think twice before leaving the car with a 'dealer'. Hope all gets resolved
Old 10-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

kinda sad, if you cant even trust your dealer.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Welcome to the United States of Corporations people. This is where our country has gone to while the rest of the population has been enjoying instant gratification, glorifying themselves via utube, facebook, "reality TV", etc. Corporate veil = no personal responsibility. Don't be fooled by the "news" or media, for every person you see indicted or taken to jail in a white collar crime, there are hundreds more that have paid off or are too politically connected to ever get "caught" or sent to prison. Under cut/SCREW the "every day person" and still look like you are doing right (donations = WRITE OFF's)!! This is how almost all of the US's corporate world works now, not to forget the "lobbying" (lovely word for greasing the hand of a politician AS LONG AS it is repaid in future favors (earmarks) for that company/industry)...

Sorry to get off on a political kick but the laws of "our land" have been perverted and personal rights have been stripped away from us (Constitution, its ammendments, Bill of rights), dont forget your right to personal property and due process, hope you said good bye to that in August when feds made it legal to track anyone via gps. Once the foot is in the door, the gov't will ALWAYS kick it open (much like patriot act). Yes this is not that sort of case but do you think this would have happened 50-60 years prior when the corporations of the US were actually allowed to be sued or investigated by a NON-RELATED political entity/industry? I hope the owner of the M5 gets what was due to him from day 1 plus incentive and some agency in the great state of Texas actually does their job, investigates and ACTUALLY hands down harsh penalies.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by miguex
the original thread is getting 500.000 soon.... 122 pages!
Autobahn thinks Internet power is nothing... haha
Even in dubai Bmw owners talks about this thread
Old 10-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Members

My Ride: e60

Originally Posted by 5e60er
snip... I hope the owner of the M5 gets what was due to him from day 1 plus incentive and some agency in the great state of Texas actually does their job, investigates and ACTUALLY hands down harsh penalies.
that will NEVER happen as long as perry is governor of this state.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

the latest Press media: " Don't be too quick to accept insurance companies' offers " http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10...insurance.html

By the way the thread already passed the 510.000 and counting... 127 pages!

Quick Reply: AUTOBAHN BMW Fort Worth make a donation after the original owner denie