E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Auto Zone Battery Installed, Huge Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
The symptoms described sound like what happens when canbus network has bad data (just like a bad network card on your computer network at the office). Perhaps the fuse wasn't completely blown, causing a very low voltage/current to a module or 2 and they in turn created bad network packets ???
Really anything is possible the only real facts I have were the symptoms which were basically every warning/error in the book, half of the electrical system not functioning, and the result which fixed it...the fuse.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Wow, glad everything worked out!!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

This battery registration is BS, BMW had to think up one way or another to squeeze their customer's wallet. Someone, tell me the benefit of this registration and why?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550 sport with all the fixins, 07 yukon with all the fixins.

Glad you resolved that issue man. Not a good feeling when your ride is acting up. I just returned in town. We should meet up some time. I'm in the 290 cypress area. chk your pm for my number.

Brian "aka" boots
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 525i

Originally Posted by Boost7
This battery registration is BS, BMW had to think up one way or another to squeeze their customer's wallet. Someone, tell me the benefit of this registration and why?
To maximise the benefits of the cars advanced electronics you should really register the battery by resetting the IBS, its really very easy to do.

The car wont immediately self implode if you don't but in the long run you may shorten the battery life or get annoying high discharge warnings. If you have a bog standard low spec car with a lead acid battery then it wont matter so much as the batteries are relatively cheap and with no power hungry accessories it will probably be just fine.

If you are fortunate enough to own a top end vehicle fitted with all the bells and whistles and every electrical power accessory known to man with an expensive AGM battery then quite honestly you would be pretty dump not to register the battery. You will then maximise the life of your very expensive AGM battery and benefit from all the advanced power management features of the car.

If you do have a low spec car and a lead acid battery with few gadgets or decide that battery registration is simply just not your cup of tea (so to speak) then you may as well disconnect the IBS as it will be serving absolutely no purpose. You will then have a car with a standard charging system and your IBS need never trouble you again with high discharge warnings or interfere with the charging process with its incorrect charging profile.

BMW need have nothing to do with your battery registration because its so easy to do and you can save your money so that they can fleece you with something that is far more lucrative.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:37 AM
New Members

How easy is it to register the battery?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by RockyE60
How easy is it to register the battery?
You can do it through INPA (if you get that working). But it's a total waste of time. I'm almost at three years without having registered my current, non-oem, battery.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Members

OMG. I have a similar problem with the duralast battery from autozone. My car showed up with two erros (no key in the ignition and restraint seat belt something) following the battery change. I'm so happy you posted this. I hope that it is a fuse problem as well. My car starts but I have to turn the key a few times before it starts.

Since my car doesn't start with the first attempt, Do you guys think that it is due to the battery?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by or_550i
You can do it through INPA...
What is INPA?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Members

Had similar issues with a new battery for my 535D. After registering it using INPA all of the errors disappeared.
In this case it was a fuse but in other cases it is the registration that gives the errors

Quick Reply: Auto Zone Battery Installed, Huge Problems!!!