E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Climate control not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I have my a/c on "auto" to hold a desired temperature, like 70F, it stays in auto-mode for only a little while.
The "auto" light turns off. And the little orange lights that indicate the fan speed start going on and off. It it typically two lights that alternate and blink on and off, and the fan speed changes also.
I turn it back to "auto". It stays in "auto" mode for a few minutes and then does its own thing again.

Has anybody seen this before?
What is going on?

It is not extremely hot right now. Maybe 75F. The a/c doesn't have to work very hard.

Very strange...
Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by uwsc11
When I have my a/c on "auto" to hold a desired temperature, like 70F, it stays in auto-mode for only a little while.
The "auto" light turns off. And the little orange lights that indicate the fan speed start going on and off. It it typically two lights that alternate and blink on and off, and the fan speed changes also.
I turn it back to "auto". It stays in "auto" mode for a few minutes and then does its own thing again.

Has anybody seen this before?
What is going on?

It is not extremely hot right now. Maybe 75F. The a/c doesn't have to work very hard.

Very strange...
Honestly, I think that the climate control systems on these cars are either possessed, or very shitty electronics.

Mine does the same stuff, including turning itself on when it wants. Also, when my car starts, sometimes the setting will go from AUTO to like 3 fan notches when I restart it..

BMW says this is normal, and it senses the atmosphere. I call bullshit and it is just not a good system.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

first thing i do when i start the car is turn it off. climate and wipers drive me nuts.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by NYC530XI
Honestly, I think that the climate control systems on these cars are either possessed, or very shitty electronics.

Mine does the same stuff, including turning itself on when it wants. Also, when my car starts, sometimes the setting will go from AUTO to like 3 fan notches when I restart it..

BMW says this is normal, and it senses the atmosphere. I call bullshit and it is just not a good system.

The strange thing is that it used to work just fine, and only recently have I experienced this strange behavior.
Anybody else??