E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Australian E60 Sub forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Silverstone 2007 BMW M5. Acquired June 2009 ... with only 5,600 kms, and A$100k off new car price! Amethyst Grey 2004 BMW 545i standard Australian delivered specs including: 6 speed Steptronic, Active Steering, Standard Cruise Control (not Active CC), Bi-Xenon with Adaptive Headlights, 8.8" colour monitor with Professional Navigation, TV and Voice Recognition, Elec rear sun blind. Options: BMW 124 alloys, elec sports seats, full BMW M-tech body kit, darkest Aust legal window tint, 2000 kg tow hitch, cubby box

At last! Some locals to talk to!

For Car Accessories: I've used Carwear in Keysborough (in Melbourne) for my new white LED angellights and rear LED licence plate tail lights for the M5. These white angellights are from Taiwan @ A$175.00. Cheaper than the Angelibrights version I bought from the US 4 years ago !

I also bought their LED "plug n play" taillights, but the light error kept coming up. Alki from Carwear asked me to go to Berwick Motor Works so they could flash the ECU. I was a bit hesitant at first going to someone whom I did not know fiddling with the computer, but after a bit of ringing around to find out who these guys were, I was alot more confident. Apparently the main guy at Berwick Motor Works (get it? BMW!!) was very high up in BMW service side, so really knows his stuff.

Anyway, he advised that there was a risk that the ECU wouldn't accept the upgrade to accept the lights and then had to spend time to reload the ECU. I was aware of these problems when I had the 545 and had the tow pack installed @ Stillwells BMW: 2 hours to physically install the tow bar; 8 hours to load the program to tell the car that there is a tow pack on the car because the upload had to be done several times.

In the end, I returned the lights to Carwear and they gave me a full refund. Disappointing that they didn't work but full marks to Carwear for supporting their products!

ALSO: I've got some bits to sell: Remus Exhaust from the 545 and Angelibrights white LEDs. Post info about them shortly!

Cheers
Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 AM
Members

finally got around to posting pics for my car...540i from perth

Old 08-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Executive

Originally Posted by DFgunner' post='992991' date='Aug 30 2009, 10:18 AM
finally got around to posting pics for my car...540i from perth
really really nice house
Old 08-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Members

very unlucky yesterday arvo....
parked my car at a shop front...didnt realise there is a slope kerb there....head in 1st....too deep....my front just jumped on the kerb, so i pull the car out....the front spolier/lip just scratched big time....
i originally tot wasnt that bad....but as soon i got off and saw it.....the front lip just got scratched, the bottom cover got rip out a bit as well...and is quite obvious if look from the front...
is not gonna affect driving, but just look shat....now not sure should i fix or not....
doesn't anyone know do I need to replace the whole front bumper or can the front lip be detach and replace?
(will take a photo later and post tonight)
thanks a lot.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Members

here are the damage....i checked again...looks like i have to either replace the whole front bumper or pull it out to fix it...damn~~~

and some idiots...also slam their door against my side mirror too....
Old 08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Members

My Ride: Silverstone 2007 BMW M5. Acquired June 2009 ... with only 5,600 kms, and A$100k off new car price! Amethyst Grey 2004 BMW 545i standard Australian delivered specs including: 6 speed Steptronic, Active Steering, Standard Cruise Control (not Active CC), Bi-Xenon with Adaptive Headlights, 8.8" colour monitor with Professional Navigation, TV and Voice Recognition, Elec rear sun blind. Options: BMW 124 alloys, elec sports seats, full BMW M-tech body kit, darkest Aust legal window tint, 2000 kg tow hitch, cubby box

Ouch! sorry to see that!

That underbody trim is separate from the front bumper. You should be able to get a new/second hand one or just push the existing one back into place. Because it's underneath the car, no one (except the mechanic) will see it ! Unfortunately, to do a good job, the front bumper may need to come off to get proper access.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

i think its possible to cover that with a lip addon
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Members

Much appreciated guys, but lip addon....geniue oem M5 one or aftermarket?
i m thinking of take it in for a quote this Fri....either at the authorised bmw panel beater or dealer....but i think is gotta cost me heaps...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

i was thinking of a genuine after market one, possibly something like a hamann lip ?
Old 09-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, M-Sport Bodykit, Sports Suspension, Sports Seats, Active Steering.

Originally Posted by DFgunner' post='994640' date='Sep 1 2009, 05:40 PM
Much appreciated guys, but lip addon....geniue oem M5 one or aftermarket?
i m thinking of take it in for a quote this Fri....either at the authorised bmw panel beater or dealer....but i think is gotta cost me heaps...
You can get a Hamann front spoiler lip add on for your M-Sport front bumper, although it seems that your current bumper needs to be repaired anyway.

Quick Reply: Australian E60 Sub forum