E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Australian E60 Sub forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 06:10 AM
New Members

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 525i-M Sports 05'
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by beamarockin
aussie here!
Originally Posted by 1lnkn2nv
Gday peeps!

Another aussie newbie on the forum as of today!
Hello fellow Aussies!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:57 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i 04

Originally Posted by Pistratoaie
No worries, for those interested. Details of Purely Prestige; 7/8 Len Thomas Place. Narre Warren (They're factory 7) Steve is the boss there and he'll be the one to look for, although Paul is also great to work with Phone number: 9704 5555.

Sample011 seriously hope what you're describing about power steering is not an issue I had last year on mine!!! Active steering module died and the cost was couple thousand at low speeds turning is obvious as their's no power steering and at high speeds it's not as stable. Are these what you're experiencing? hopefully sorted after battery replaced X5 electronics went crazy once battery drained and shortly after new one, should fix itself once all is set though.
Nah, "knocking on the wood" it's fixed itself. HOWEVER, ibs module's brains went funny. After I washed my car and it's been sitting outside (waiting for me to get my license), there was some water that got built up in the battery compartment (yes it did rust a little), and after getting a new battery i left the car to sit for a couple of hours, get back battery is flat. I did some googling and found a few people describing the exact same problem after car wash on pre lci E60s. So i did something i think is not right and unplugged the ibs module from the negative terminal and it's all working fine now, surprisingly no errors. I have a weird feeling about this tho, but don't have the funds to replace the ibs. So i will see if maybe it just all needs to dry up properly and plug it back in see what happens then. I finally got the the "no faults" state on the idrive and i really don't wanna touch anything right now.

As long as disconnecting ibs wont damage anything i'm happy to not have smart charging system thing until i can invest into fixing it
Old 08-18-2014, 08:51 PM
New Members

Good to hear some issues are sorted. Have read a few water in trunk issues recently, I don't know anything about the ibs module though, maybe I should go look into it now getting no faults in idrive is a lottery sometimes Let us know how it goes
Old 09-14-2014, 04:40 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 525i

Hey guys,

Another Aussie here. Just purchased a carbon black 2005 525i M Sport and thought I'd sign up

Last edited by coooots; 09-15-2014 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:00 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by coooots
Hey guys,

Another Aussie here. Just purchased a carbon black 2005 525i M Sport and thought I'd sign up!
Welcome and get ready to start enjoying your ride
Old 09-15-2014, 04:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 525i

Thanks Pistratoaie!

Thought it would be worth asking you guys for advice regarding replica m5 (style 166) wheels. At the moment there only seems to be a couple options available locally...

1) ebay - Mars Performance: 19x8.5 ET20, 19x9.5 ET25
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4x-19-Inc...item1e62197e98

2) ebay - Advance Tyres: 19x8 ET20, 19x9 ET20
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19-BMW-M5...item3f1581bd42

They seem OK, but based on what I've been reading I'm a little concerned about the offsets not being aggressive enough. I've tried all the major tyre chains with no luck - tempe, mswt, ttf etc.

Can anyone provide some advice... are the above options any good? Other contacts? Should I be looking at importing instead?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:48 AM
New Members

Don't know much about the wheels, those do look really nice though. Hopefully someone who has done these can chime in
Old 10-11-2014, 03:52 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 LCI 520d "Business" || Hertz Dieci 12" Subwoofer || Phoenix Gold SD800.4 || Chrome Grille Insert || HUD || Hi-Fi audio system
Default Hi there!

Glad to see somewhere for fellow Australian's!

Recently moved on from a Mitsubishi 380 and just took over my old man's E60 520d 2009 plated LCI update in Alpine white however I need a hand with identifying some of the features on it. I have a feeling it has a "Business" body kit (I could just be making this up, it has a silver bar across the front bumper and fog lights behind plastic panels as shown below, if anybody knows what this would be called, please let me know!)

Recently installed CANBUS compatible HIDs (has projector lenses with halogen as standard) and chrome grille insert, being the (bottom?) model it has the stock standard 17s, which am hopefully looking at upgrading.

If anybody has anything for sale (namely Alpine white bumpers ) or rims/accessories etc. please let me know as I'm very interested!

If there are any kinds of meets or cruises I'd also be keen. Thanks to the posters above re: battery swap, battery is pretty much dead on this car I get warnings all the time even after charging up the battery - was looking into a Fullriver battery (I competed in car audio competitions in my old car and will need something bigger than standard in this when I decide to move some of it accross ) So was happy to get a price in Narre Warren (Where I live) from Prestige and positive review!

Old 10-11-2014, 08:10 PM
New Members

Hello fellow Aussie, and 5series P-plater
I'm not 100% sure on the bumpers, would think yours is business or Executive kit or something like that, but I haven't the slightest, first I though it was only for the facelift but then I saw pre-LCI with it

Here's BMW style wheels to consider for the car:
http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/5/E60+
Or you could go the custom setup, but may have to adjust for proper fit.

The battery in these things is usually huge, although they shouldn't drain as much as the X5, but wherever possible; I recommend getting the new AGM ones.
Purely Prestige will come in handy if you need quick assistance, especially being in the area
BTW, Loving the car

Last edited by Pistratoaie; 10-11-2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: link update
Old 10-12-2014, 11:41 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 LCI 520d "Business" || Hertz Dieci 12" Subwoofer || Phoenix Gold SD800.4 || Chrome Grille Insert || HUD || Hi-Fi audio system

Originally Posted by Pistratoaie
Hello fellow Aussie, and 5series P-plater
I'm not 100% sure on the bumpers, would think yours is business or Executive kit or something like that, but I haven't the slightest, first I though it was only for the facelift but then I saw pre-LCI with it

Here's BMW style wheels to consider for the car:
All BMW wheel styles 5 E60+ | BmwStyleWheels.com
Or you could go the custom setup, but may have to adjust for proper fit.

The battery in these things is usually huge, although they shouldn't drain as much as the X5, but wherever possible; I recommend getting the new AGM ones.
Purely Prestige will come in handy if you need quick assistance, especially being in the area
BTW, Loving the car
Thanks buddy!
Yeah I have been looking around nevertheless. I've been looking around - have a mate who can hook me up with a Fullriver HC80 AGM battery for the $380ish mark, then I'll need to visit somewhere to get it coded/registered etc.

I'll give Purely Prestige a message and see what they have to say!
If there is ever a meet, let me know!

Quick Reply: Australian E60 Sub forum