E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Audi A4 upgrading to an 07 model 530d 231

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

I am about to order a March 06 530d se auto to replace my 2 year old Audi 1.9 tdi(130)
Will it be worth nearly twice the price of a basic A4 and am I boring ordering silver grey / black dakota
Can only afford sport wheel, auto, leather and Hi fi speakers - is Logic 7 worth the extra? (I am a keen hi fi fan)
Old 01-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

there was a lot on this forum.... the HI-FI option in Europe is way fine...
the Logic 7 is definitely nice but not a thing that would have my preference over something else.... get yourself a business nav instead or heated seats... those are much more useful functions then logic 7.
but definitely get Hi-Fi option.... (the basic one is very poor )
Old 01-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='230647' date='Jan 27 2006, 05:12 PM
there was a lot on this forum.... the HI-FI option in Europe is way fine...
the Logic 7 is definitely nice but not a thing that would have my preference over something else.... get yourself a business nav instead or heated seats... those are much more useful functions then logic 7.
but definitely get Hi-Fi option.... (the basic one is very poor )
Thanks, the Audi Sound system (no Bose extra) is good and I would hate to have worse music in the future pride and joy. Are standard SE wheels worth up grading? - tested a 530d Sport with big wheels and got a bad back!!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I had an Audi with Bose sound before..... The Hi-Fi system in BMW is close to it... the Bose had more power of course.... but really the Hi-Fi is fine... you just have to tune the bass up a lot. There are two subwoofers under the seats and they work nice.....
so actually if you had a standart Audi sound before you will have better now with Hifi BMW....
Old 01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats 07530d and welcome!

You will do a mighty step from your small deluxe VW to the 530dA.

I'm even happy with the standard sound but if you really are into
music go for the L7!

If you don't you'll regret it! Now is the time to order!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

you will miss the quality of an audi interior trim and fit, i think bmw are just above a nissan in interior quality
Old 01-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonye60' post='230679' date='Jan 27 2006, 05:54 PM
you will miss the quality of an audi interior trim and fit, i think bmw are just above a nissan in interior quality
Should it be an A6 3.0 TDI quattro then?
Old 01-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by 07530d' post='230680
Should it be an A6 3.0 TDI quattro then?
[/quote]

Im so tired of people trashing the E60 interior. I think its superb. In a few years you will see the other car makers follow the interior of the E60, just like they have begun with there own versions of i-Drive. The interior is sophisticated, streamline and very modern when compared to Audi, Lexus, MB. If you like to be a leader, go for the E60 and then laugh at others trying to catch-up.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

I tested the Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quatro and although the iterior is really well made & the MMI screen turns off unlike the i-drive the accelerator / brake pedal positions are not nearly as good as the BMW nor is the composure of the car, it just didnt feel right. The 3.0 TDI is a good engine but nowhere as good as the 530d 231BHP engine. The Audi is also expensive when it is specced up, mind you so in the 5 series, the M-B E-Class has more standard equipment, but the one I had was so unreliable.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='230647' date='Jan 27 2006, 10:12 PM
get yourself a business nav instead or heated seats...
Not sure I'd treat BMW satnav as a priority. It's the same system as Merc and Audi but a much inferior implementation, in my view (Audi's is best). None of them offers UK 7-digit postcode entry. I'd go for Garmin nuvi or TomTom and put my money into BMW options that can only sensibly be factory-fitted. If you're in the UK (need to put your country in your profile), the best TomTom is probably the One if you only want UK mapping, 700 for most of Europe. But most people who have tried both nuvi and TomTom prefer nuvi. Check out

http://tinyurl.com/9y8er
http://tinyurl.com/ckb3d
http://tinyurl.com/e4yx8
http://tinyurl.com/d7pzc

It'll be interesting to see what TomTom announce at CeBIT in March though.

Oh, and the best price I've found for the nuvi 350 is ?446 delivered from Cotswold BMW:

http://www.cotswoldstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=256

Quick Reply: Audi A4 upgrading to an 07 model 530d 231