E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ASC Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about an aftermarket warranty. After reading through the brochure I talked to someone about the ASC warranty and am intrigued. The cost is $1995 for bumper to bumper minus the radio/navigation. 3 years/36,000 miles. $0. I have to pay a $45 inspection fee as well. I'm just over 85k miles, so they also exclude the front suspension at my mileage. I'm more concerned with the AC blower motor, transmission, gaskets and such, etc. Does anybody have experience with this company? Can I take the car to the BMW dealer to do the work or do I have to take it to a certain mechanic?

TIA.

Andy
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

I can't vouch for ASC, but the price pretty close to some estimates I heard of. What front suspension parts are excluded?

If you ask them, they should be able to tell you where the car can be taken for repair estimates/work. I've dealt with Fidelity in the past and they pretty much let me decide where to take the car.

If I were you, I'd ask my mechanic/dealership which warranty companies work well with them. They can let you know if ASC is good or not.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Members

good idea, I'll call BMW. This is my first time dealing with an extended warranty.

Not included after 85k... upper and lower control arms, upper and lower ball joints, steering knuckle, wheel bearings, control arm shaft and bushings.

Not included regardless of mileage... radio/navigation, normal maintenance items including tires, wheels, struts, shocks, brake pads, rotors, belts, hoses, filters, fluids, lubricants, clutch, pressure plate, tune up, exhaust or emission parts, wiring harness, clock, body parts, interior parts, air bag, keyless entry.

Limited to one-half of parts and labor... water pump, alternator, starter, voltage regulator.

what is included that is appealing... "all items covered under the manufacturer's original warranty except for those items listed in the 'items not covered' section (Listed above). So... transmission is covered, blower motor, gaskets, engine, etc.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

That's a decent price fir peace of mind especially whenthe mileage gets up there. May be you should google the company to see what others think of the company. The only problem with atermarket extended warranty is when making the claim and the process requires to get approval before authorizing the repair.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by aharper
Thinking about an aftermarket warranty. After reading through the brochure I talked to someone about the ASC warranty and am intrigued. The cost is $1995 for bumper to bumper minus the radio/navigation. 3 years/36,000 miles. $0. I have to pay a $45 inspection fee as well. I'm just over 85k miles, so they also exclude the front suspension at my mileage. I'm more concerned with the AC blower motor, transmission, gaskets and such, etc. Does anybody have experience with this company? Can I take the car to the BMW dealer to do the work or do I have to take it to a certain mechanic?

TIA.

Andy
check out.... http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...y-c348534.html
Old 06-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aharper

TIA.

Andy

Yeah please let me know I have the same problem research and what company.