E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Arrrrggghhhhh..........

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

If you get me your address I will send you an mp3 disc that functions in my car if you want.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:01 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

The following applies to vehicles WITH Navigation in the US, or "Nav Pro" in other markets (CCC). If you have a post September 2005 production MY2006 E60 with Navigation (Nav Pro), you CAN play MP3 data CDs in the single slot, period. If you have a pre-September 2005 E60 with Navigation (Nav Pro), you CANNOT play MP3s, no matter what version of the software you have. This implies there is a hardware difference between pre and post-September production. It is not known when or if a software update will enable MP3 playback on Navigation (Nav Pro) vehicles produced prior to September 2005.

If you have Radio Pro and no Navigation, AND your vehicle is new enough, you also should be able to play MP3s.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by das' post='218137
If you get me your address I will send you an mp3 disc that functions in my car if you want.
Thanks dgjk. I sent you a PM of my work address.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 545 Sportpackage, shadowline, active steering, comfort seats, exlusive leather interior (black), xenon headlights, hifi prologic 7, style 128 on summer tires, style 124 on winter tires, outside light package, PDC, sun protective rear windows. Wife drives: 2004 320 cupé, sports edition, M-Sport

Originally Posted by ozhaggis' post='217471' date='Dec 31 2005, 04:27 AM
So, my car either does not play MP3s or I am missing something. Let's hope the latter.

I havespent hours today burnung discs and not joy.

I've read the MP3 threads and I'm sure I'm doing what is recommended: -

Using Nero 6; burn DATA CD (tried MP3 too); using Sony CDRW at low speed.

WHen i insert a disk the car simply does not recognise it in either the dash or stacker!!

Any pointers folks???

Cheers

Thommo
I ordered my previous E60 a 530 with MP3, did not work. My present is also equiped with this without working.
I am just waiting for the iPod interface to be released. I am very good freind with the local BMW dealer here in Sweden and he has told me that no one (as is aware of) gets the MP3 to work. BMW should stop advertising for it.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 545 Sportpackage, shadowline, active steering, comfort seats, exlusive leather interior (black), xenon headlights, hifi prologic 7, style 128 on summer tires, style 124 on winter tires, outside light package, PDC, sun protective rear windows. Wife drives: 2004 320 cupé, sports edition, M-Sport

Originally Posted by ozhaggis' post='217857
I can not take it anymore

Everyone says that this has been explained a million times and I still do not get it - and I have and M.D. and a J.D. - among other degreess - so I do not think I am stupid though I could be wrong

OK
I am going to try to summarize what I have read many times

regardless of model year - if latest software and no Nav AND pro radio (the only available radio in the US) then you can play mp3's - OK this makes sense to me - but then why can't Bimmer32 play mp3's - maybe needs a software update

As of sept or oct/05 production Nav and radio pro US cars can play mp3's - but prior to that no luck - OK this makes sense
but car built before that,even with a software update they can still not play mp3's
Thanks, I got it!!!!!!!! My car will not have MP3 capability given its in AU?tralia and the 'switch over' was october. What I mean is, the car couldn't have been manifactured and shipped here since october; it will be a pre oct car.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

How are you with B-Tooth
[/quote]

B-Tooth is the best thing that I bought to my car, i LOVE it
Old 01-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Comfort Access, Xenon Headlights, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Steptronic Transmission. Silver Gray Metallic with Gray Leather. Added Red rear reflectors. Swapped stock Style 124 wheels and Bridgestone run-flat tires for BMW Style 125 5-Double Spoke wheels, 8" x 19" front, 9.5" x 19" rear with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires, 245/40YR-19 front and 275/30YR-19 rear.

Originally Posted by das' post='218137' date='Jan 1 2006, 08:01 PM
The following applies to vehicles WITH Navigation in the US, or "Nav Pro" in other markets (CCC). If you have a post September 2005 production MY2006 E60 with Navigation (Nav Pro), you CAN play MP3 data CDs in the single slot, period. If you have a pre-September 2005 E60 with Navigation (Nav Pro), you CANNOT play MP3s, no matter what version of the software you have. This implies there is a hardware difference between pre and post-September production. It is not known when or if a software update will enable MP3 playback on Navigation (Nav Pro) vehicles produced prior to September 2005.

If you have Radio Pro and no Navigation, AND your vehicle is new enough, you also should be able to play MP3s.
My 2006 550i with Nav was built 9/30/05 (I think). I can play MP3 on CD-R in single slot CD in dash. Have not tried it in CD-changer. Manual says this is also posible for MP3 files.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Members

My Ride: Dec 2005 530d MSport Auto - Carbon Black/Amethyst Leather Comfort Seats, Professional Nav, Bluetooth, Logic 7 Sound, Active Cruise Control, Head-up Display, Bi-Xenons, Comfort Access, Extended Voice and Light, Sun Protection Glass

Originally Posted by ozhaggis' post='217471' date='Dec 31 2005, 03:27 AM
So, my car either does not play MP3s or I am missing something. Let's hope the latter.

I havespent hours today burnung discs and not joy.

I've read the MP3 threads and I'm sure I'm doing what is recommended: -

Using Nero 6; burn DATA CD (tried MP3 too); using Sony CDRW at low speed.

WHen i insert a disk the car simply does not recognise it in either the dash or stacker!!

Any pointers folks???

Cheers

Thommo
ozhaggis -

Have you tried an mp3 disk in your Pro Nav DVD Drive ?

My November 2005-built 530d MSport with Pro Nav CAN play mp3s in the single CD Drive AND in the DVD Drive, but NOT in the CD-changer.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Contributors

my 2 cents to this thread...

the software update currently available is a version 20.0 - according to several owners in europe, the update to this version permits playback of mp3 for cars that were built before this magical date (september to october 2005) and where mp3 did not work. there is a just one thing you have to bear in mind, when updating the software to 20.0 some people claim that the dealer also needs to enable you the mp3 functionality. there have been a few in european forums complaining no mp3 even though they had the update - supposedly their dealers had forgotten to enable mp3.

greetings from austria

rsyed