E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arrrrggghhhhh..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, my car either does not play MP3s or I am missing something. Let's hope the latter.

I havespent hours today burnung discs and not joy.

I've read the MP3 threads and I'm sure I'm doing what is recommended: -

Using Nero 6; burn DATA CD (tried MP3 too); using Sony CDRW at low speed.

WHen i insert a disk the car simply does not recognise it in either the dash or stacker!!

Any pointers folks???

Cheers

Thommo
Old 12-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Need to know what options and year and build date

There are some differences

When I had mp3 discs that did not work I got error's - such as unable to read medium

If you are not getting any type of error your car may not have mp3 capability yet

Let me know and I will try to help
Old 12-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='217481' date='Dec 31 2005, 02:54 PM
Need to know what options and year and build date

There are some differences

When I had mp3 discs that did not work I got error's - such as unable to read medium

If you are not getting any type of error your car may not have mp3 capability yet

Let me know and I will try to help
Thanks, appreciate it.

I don't know what month it was built 9how do you tell)??

It is an '05 though, with Nav Pro!!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

With the Nav system I know there are issues about whether the mp3's will work.

I am pretty sure with Nav no mp3 until 06

I will check
Old 12-31-2005, 10:31 AM
Contributors

In the US
Nav Pro = NO mp3 playback until 10/2005 production (06 model year) - however, I have not seen a post from a post sept 06 production owner with Nav say they can play mp3's

So if you are one of those (post 10/05 production with NAV in the US and can play mp3's let me know)

I am sending a disc to a guy with a US model 06 - with production 9/22/05 to see if it will work - he has NAV, but I think he may have missed it by a week)

The only people who seem to have luck with mp3's are 05 on without NAV
Old 12-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='217712' date='Dec 31 2005, 01:31 PM
In the US
Nav Pro = NO mp3 playback until 10/2005 production (06 model year) - however, I have not seen a post from a post sept 06 production owner with Nav say they can play mp3's

So if you are one of those (post 10/05 production with NAV in the US and can play mp3's let me know)

I am sending a disc to a guy with a US model 06 - with production 9/22/05 to see if it will work - he has NAV, but I think he may have missed it by a week)

The only people who seem to have luck with mp3's are 05 on without NAV
Mine is an 03/05 production with no nav. Can't play mp3.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Contributors

I can not take it anymore

Everyone says that this has been explained a million times and I still do not get it - and I have and M.D. and a J.D. - among other degreess - so I do not think I am stupid though I could be wrong

OK
I am going to try to summarize what I have read many times

regardless of model year - if latest software and no Nav AND pro radio (the only available radio in the US) then you can play mp3's - OK this makes sense to me - but then why can't Bimmer32 play mp3's - maybe needs a software update

As of sept or oct/05 production Nav and radio pro US cars can play mp3's - but prior to that no luck - OK this makes sense
but car built before that,even with a software update they can still not play mp3's
Old 12-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='217848' date='Jan 1 2006, 03:35 PM

Everyone says that this has been explained a million times and I still do not get it - and I have and M.D. and a J.D. - among other degreess - so I do not think I am stupid though I could be wrong

OK

regardless of model year - if latest software and no Nav AND pro radio (the only available radio in the US) then you can play mp3's - OK this makes sense to me - but then why can't Bimmer32 play mp3's - maybe needs a software update

As of sept or oct/05 production Nav and radio pro US cars can play mp3's - but prior to that no luck - OK this makes sense
but car built before that,even with a software update they can still not play mp3's
Thanks, I got it!!!!!!!! My car will not have MP3 capability given its in AU?tralia and the 'switch over' was october. What I mean is, the car couldn't have been manifactured and shipped here since october; it will be a pre oct car.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

How are you with B-Tooth
Old 01-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Contributors

bluetooth is weak

has worked without a problem since I got the car so have not had to spend anytime messing with it.

you can try to post a problem and someone will answer it
Old 01-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='217848' date='Dec 31 2005, 10:35 PM

OK

I understand exactly what you are going through. I read every post about mp3 on this board and came to the same conclusion. I went to the dealership (Advantage BMW in Houston); they said no software updates needed for my car. What version was it? They didn't have an answer. Where they lying? Probably.

I've tried and thrown away over 5 CDs trying to get the darn thing to work. What happened? The car didn't even recognize that there was a CD in the single CD slot (the changer does not play mp3). I'm giving up mp3 in my car for new year's resolution.