E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ARGH!!! I bent a wheel!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Was it within the last couple of exits John? If so I bent a wheel on my G35 there back in 2003, nice to see they've managed to fix it in the last 7+ years :thumbsdown:
Old 01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the flip side John, at least don't you offer services to fix bent wheels?

Peeerfect online marketing opportunity.

Same thing with your bumper fiasco, your new shop can do painting too right? Looks like you're just about making a business fixing your car.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Are you on your 20's or you actually managed to bend a 166? Post some before/after pics - at least you'll market your wheel repair service
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

good looks!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by balbs
Man, sorry to hear that. You're on Breytons right? I've read a few forum entries about them bending easily and it seems this is another one. Of course it depends on how big the pothole was as well.
I went to other potholes before but no problems. I guess it was this pothole at the right angle and speed.

Originally Posted by pjinca
Was it within the last couple of exits John? If so I bent a wheel on my G35 there back in 2003, nice to see they've managed to fix it in the last 7+ years :thumbsdown:
It was right after the Mobil gas station if I remember correctly

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
On the flip side John, at least don't you offer services to fix bent wheels?

Peeerfect online marketing opportunity.

Same thing with your bumper fiasco, your new shop can do painting too right? Looks like you're just about making a business fixing your car.
Our shop will offer paint services. Not your typical $200-$300 paint job for a bumper though. We only demand quality and use better quality paint and material. I am not about to have anything leave Motorcepts looking cheap. You drive out of Motorcepts PROUD!

Yes I fix wheels but it still costs me $$$!!!

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Are you on your 20's or you actually managed to bend a 166? Post some before/after pics - at least you'll market your wheel repair service
20s. Gonna put on some 18 snows next week. I may refinish all four wheels and might get the ring on the GTSR-M in Interlagos Blue. MIGHT
Old 01-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Members

Crap - I think I hit the same one - looks to be left side of the left lane after passing LGA. Definitely wasn't there two weeks ago. I have style 124s and the rim looks ok, but I have a small bubble on the front left wheel. Got winter shoes since, but will have to take care of this before switching back in the spring.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Members

I'm also in the NYC area and may have bent my rimms yesterday. OEM 17". Any recommendations on where to get it repaired?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

yea these roads are pathetic. no money to fix them right either. just fill them with rocks and thats it. It makes taking the car out scary and unenjoyable
Old 02-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: ActiveHybrid - fully tricked out
Model Year: 2013

Is that the fast lane after the Mobile station but before the airport??

Yup, I hit it on Friday in a rental Toyota Yaris. I almost lost the whole friggin car.

Sorry to hear about all the mishaps in NYC because of the road condition. I'm complaining a little less about the roads in Toronto. They're in pretty bad shape but not as bad as NYC.

Cheers
Old 02-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Beware of ANY road in NYC, grand central, LIE, van wyck, bqe, Belt pkwy, they are all riddled with pot holes, and not like on your local street, where you're only doing 40mph and you can swerve, these are on 65mph highways. I have just missed potholes that scare the crap out of me, because I know if I hit it, at best I'll lose the wheel and tire and at worst, I'll lose control. And as said, they fill them with what amounts to gravel and a week later it's the same pothole with gravel being shot back at you from every other car like buckshot.

Quick Reply: ARGH!!! I bent a wheel!!!