E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

For anyone who's waiting for Capricornus Leader...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked with some nice people at the Los Angeles NYK Line office today. The latest arrival date for Capricornus Leader at Port Hueneme, CA (Oxnard, CA) is 14 Jan 05. My car is on that car carrier. Getting close. By the way anyone hear anything about the 550i?
:'(
Old 01-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

Rakete -

Post some pics of that Coupe. We rarely see those in Little Rock.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ///M Rakete' date='Jan 10 2005, 05:47 PM
I talked with some nice people at the Los Angeles NYK Line office today. The latest arrival date for Capricornus Leader at Port Hueneme, CA (Oxnard, CA) is 14 Jan 05. My car is on that car carrier. Getting close. By the way anyone hear anything about the 550i?
:'(? ?
[snapback]77955[/snapback]

COOL COOL COOL SOON SOON SOON!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ///M Rakete' date='Jan 10 2005, 06:47 PM
///M Rakete,
Oh, one more delay....sigh
My SA told me last week and said that the arrival date is Jan 13th, and I wanted double check it with others... Thanks for confirming.
Our cars will sit at the custom's unloading lot during weekend and will be cleared it on Wed??, then at VPC until Friday.....most likely. We can pick it up on Sunday if everything is fine!? How do you see?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributors

If the ship arrives on the 14th it will be offloaded that day into the next depending on how many cars there are. Time is money, they work every day I suspect. It will then take a day to transfer it to the VPC were it will likely spend a week, give or take, maybe more. The reason is that I wouldn't be surprised if early December builds need to be upgraded to CIP software version 15.x. If so that will slow things down. Hopefully none of us has damage that needs to be repaired. Thankfully the weather has finally improved in California. In fact the recent bad weather probably means there is an additional backlog at the Oxnard VPC, so add more delay. My guess is that my car will pop out of the VPC the week of January 24th. I'm hopeful that I will take delivery before the end of the month. Otherwise BMW might have a problem because my financing was approved back in November and I'm locked in for this month's excellent rates but who knows what will happen in February.

Originally Posted by ornament' date='Jan 11 2005, 12:32 AM
[quote name='///M Rakete' date='Jan 10 2005, 06:47 PM']I talked with some nice people at the Los Angeles NYK Line office today. The latest arrival date for Capricornus Leader at Port Hueneme, CA (Oxnard, CA) is 14 Jan 05. My car is on that car carrier. Getting close. By the way anyone hear anything about the 550i?
///M Rakete,
Oh, one more delay....sigh
My SA told me last week and said that the arrival date is Jan 13th, and I wanted double check it with others... Thanks for confirming.
Our cars will sit at the custom's unloading lot during weekend and will be cleared it on Wed??, then at VPC until Friday.....most likely. We can pick it up on Sunday if everything is fine!? How do you see?
[snapback]78028[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 01-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Members

Our cars should be cleared custom and ag first, and they do not work weekends. VPC do not work weekends as well. If the software should be updated for our cars, yeah, it might be a big gating factor of quick delivery....
Agree that they will be arriving at our center in the week of 24th. Hope we will be able to drive them in that weekend...

Originally Posted by ///M Rakete' date='Jan 11 2005, 08:12 AM
If the ship arrives on the 14th it will be offloaded that day into the next depending on how many cars there are. Time is money, they work every day I suspect. It will then take a day to transfer it to the VPC were it will likely spend a week, give or take, maybe more. The reason is that I wouldn't be surprised if early December builds need to be upgraded to CIP software version 15.x. If so that will slow things down. Hopefully none of us has damage that needs to be repaired. Thankfully the weather has finally improved in California. In fact the recent bad weather probably means there is an additional backlog at the Oxnard VPC, so add more delay. My guess is that my car will pop out of the VPC the week of January 24th. I'm hopeful that I will take delivery before the end of the month. Otherwise BMW might have a problem because my financing was approved back in November and I'm locked in for this month's excellent rates but who knows what will happen in February.