E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried Carbaflo on the NEW door seals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:01 PM
RAI
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I got the new door seals. All was quiet for about 2 weeks, and now I'm back like I was. I'm going to try something on the seals to try to keep the darn things quiet. I'm thinking about Carbaflo, or maybe I'll use a silicone spray. Anybody tried one or the other? I notice that SI B 51 02 05 says to not use Carbaflo on the new door seals, but it doesn't say why. This makes me hesitant to use Carbaflo, but it may still be the best thing to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I think it has to do with carwax. I haven't had any problem with my seals after they were replaced by new ones.. (even after waxing).

Funny thing is my brother has a 118i and he also has the noisy seals problem on his 1 series.. It's definately a BMW rubber problem..
Old 09-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Members

Try rejex on the the areas where the door seals touch the door body.
I found the following things made a eliminated door seal noise:

* rejex
* getting rid of dunlop runflats (ride less jarring)
* making sure door seal area dries after washing
Old 09-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by RAI' date='Sep 23 2005, 04:01 PM
Well, I got the new door seals.? All was quiet for about 2 weeks, and now I'm back like I was.? I'm going to try something on the seals to try to keep the darn things quiet.? I'm thinking about Carbaflo, or maybe I'll use a silicone spray.? Anybody tried one or the other?? I notice that SI B 51 02 05 says to not use Carbaflo on the new door seals, but it doesn't say why.? This makes me hesitant to use Carbaflo, but it may still be the best thing to use.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[snapback]174200[/snapback]
Search the discussions on Carbaflo. It's use on the seals was mentioned recently, but I don't remember where.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by donv' date='Sep 23 2005, 08:16 PM
[quote name='RAI' date='Sep 23 2005, 04:01 PM']Well, I got the new door seals.? All was quiet for about 2 weeks, and now I'm back like I was.? I'm going to try something on the seals to try to keep the darn things quiet.? I'm thinking about Carbaflo, or maybe I'll use a silicone spray.? Anybody tried one or the other?? I notice that SI B 51 02 05 says to not use Carbaflo on the new door seals, but it doesn't say why.? This makes me hesitant to use Carbaflo, but it may still be the best thing to use.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[snapback]174200[/snapback]
Search the discussions on Carbaflo. It's use on the seals was mentioned recently, but I don't remember where.
[snapback]174310[/snapback]
[/quote]
youcan ask the dealer for Carbaflo and they will suppy it for your seals, tell them they are still makin noises and they willl give it to you at NC. A tube is 65.00US so ask the dealer for it as a warranty issue it has worked for others and myself
Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Senior Members

I'm going to try it today. Used Carbaflo on E46 with success, will try on my E60 2008 now.

EDIT: way to bump a 5 years old thread!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Senior Members

I use the Einzsatt Gummiplefge stick for my seals. It works well for me.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

Just tried Carbaflo on my E60 LCI. Works. No problem. Seals are now quiet.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I had the same issue. Unfortunately, Gummi-Pfledge didn't work for me. So far I'm now using 303 Aerospace Protectant spray and it seems to be working. It's only been about 3 days but so far so good.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Contributors

Do this BEFORE gunking up the fuzzy strips on the doors with slippery stuff ... use a fingernail brush and a little dawn dish detergent in water to give them a good scrubbing. You want to refresh their fuzzy feel. Then instead of applying anything slippery or slimy to the fuzzy strips, thoroughly clean the door frame where they contact it and apply a light coat of auto wax - your favorite kind OR if you are feeling a little lazy use detail spray - but wipe it down thoroughly with a microfiber or cotton terry cloth.

On the rubber gaskets I use the good rubber treatments like gummypledge and give it a really good rubbing in. I can handle all 4 doors and trunk seals in about 10 minutes! That process should be repeated every 3-6 months ... a little detail spray in between treatments keeps my doors quiet even with RFTs and lousy NJ roads.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Carbaflo on the NEW door seals?