E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone with remote control problems?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting nowhere trying to program in my genie grarage door opener and my x10 remote control. Has anyone sucessfully programmed in these products??
Old 06-23-2004, 05:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

if you mean the Homelink buttons on the rearview mirror, yes, I have programmed mine for my garage door. I'll have to dig up the thread w/ the directions I followed, but they are out there. You have to do the remote first, then do the learning function on the main unit in the garage, works like a charm. Try a search for the directions on this forum.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Contributors

I had to do a bit more than the 'easy' instructions in the owners manual, but got them to work.

I think (even in my Lexuses - or Lexi?) it was more involved. I had to run up each of the three garage doors, press a button on the garage door opener, then run back to the car and hold down the appropriate button (after getting the car 'prepped'

james
Old 06-24-2004, 04:04 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jun 23 2004, 08:02 PM
if you mean the Homelink buttons on the rearview mirror, yes, I have programmed mine for my garage door. I'll have to dig up the thread w/ the directions I followed, but they are out there. You have to do the remote first, then do the learning function on the main unit in the garage, works like a charm. Try a search for the directions on this forum.
Or as Rudy says, RTFM -- page 95. <_<
Old 06-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Members

JK...

I'm sure my remote is an alternating code system like yours - however the manual
says that if you hold down the programmed remote button in the car, the light should flash quickly and then stay on for 2 seconds. I should see this before I make the next move which is to "sync" the receiver. I'm not getting the 2 second light, however. I just get a solid light. Did you experience this at first?
Old 06-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Contributors

I'll go check in a couple of minutes... I'm waiting for my wife and kids to leave (it's insane in the mornings)!

If I just run out and start playing with the garage door, my wife might think I'm not working and expect me to help get the kids ready.

james
Old 06-24-2004, 04:36 AM
Contributors

Oh, now that I think about it, I kinda remember having to hold the original garage door openers up next to the rear view mirror. Again, I'll go check it out when the wife leaves.

james
Old 06-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

I tried for about 30 min one day to program my garage door opener to homelink on the rear view. Maybe I just wasn't holding my mouth right or something... and yes I RTFM... I finally gave up, as it was the door for the '71 Jaguar E-Type roadster, as anyone who knows classic english cars can tell you, they stay in the shop more than they are on the road anyways... But I dunno... my opener is Homelink compatable and all that...

Any advice for programming would be appreciated.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Contributors

I have the Lift Master garage door openers, and for each of the three garages, I had to follow the instructions for the Fixed code hand held (page 96), and that didn't work so I went to the Alternating - code instructions on 97.

I mentioned earlier about the hand held transmittors, and I forgot that I did that for my wife's Expedition.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

For Bimmerj and others, follow this link. These are the directions I followed and they worked the first time. I have the rolling code opener etc. Hope this helps.

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e60/4888861-1.html

Quick Reply: Anyone with remote control problems?