E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone regret getting alpine white 5 series

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

I have never yet seen a single white E60 / E61 in the UK
(or indeed any 5 series I can recall, except for those with pretty blue lights on the roof) !

Mid you, last weekend I joined the carbon black colour scheme - black wheels in particular looked quite fetching. However, ended up using the jetwash during a fuel stop as couldn't find the lights or number plates.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

The Blue looks really good clean except even though its only six weeks old it shows up slight swirls on the paintwork.

People never seem to discuss this..... but Blue is actually a harder color to maintain than people think. It's almost as bad as jet black.... and arguably is harder than a metallic black color.

Blue shows swirls like you wouldn't believe.... especially the darker blues.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

I love your choice of color, although I have the silver-gray. I have had many white vehicles.

I agree with the clay, but not the compounding. I do use this process for major polishing and removing swirls... about every year and a half, but not to remove tar.

I would recommend a good carnuba wax for this problem. Alhough synthetics may be better for overall UV and fallout (overtime) a carnuba will give you better protection for bugs, tar and brake dust as well as make them easier to remove. Also a carnuba applied a couple times a year will protect sufficiently against UV and fallout, especially with white.

I have oversized tires and notice more kickup of dirt and road grime, but nothing that has been a problem that would require tar remover.

A good automotive soap will help while washing and is not supposed to remove wax.

Also remember that the clay can remove the wax and is good to do prior to waxing but not in-between waxes. You can also just a good cleaner/carnuba wax with a foam applicator or orbital.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

I had the same issue and traced the side spotting to the tire polish I was using. I believe it was called Black Magic. Stop using the tire cleaner for a week and see if your problem goes away. This product was leaving brown stubborn spots on the side of my car. I love my alpine white 550.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='235944' date='Feb 6 2006, 08:57 PM
The Blue looks really good clean except even though its only six weeks old it shows up slight swirls on the paintwork.

People never seem to discuss this..... but Blue is actually a harder color to maintain than people think. It's almost as bad as jet black.... and arguably is harder than a metallic black color.

Blue shows swirls like you wouldn't believe.... especially the darker blues.
Right on! I couldn't agree more
As far as whites, my last car was/is a white one (still have it) and sure didn't need as much cleaning as my Mystic blue.
My next E60 is going to be a white one... for that reason.
And as Amigo says, that's all I have to say about that
Old 02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

And this is all I have to say about that...

Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Right on! I couldn't agree more
As far as whites, my last car was/is a white one (still have it) and sure didn't need as much cleaning as my Mystic blue.
My next E60 is going to be a white one... for that reason.
And as Amigo says, that's all I have to say about that

When I get my M5 later this year, I am getting Interlagos Blue. So I'm kinda going the opposite way, haha.

By the way.... where in SC are you? I lived in Charleston for many years. My parents still live there, actually.... as do most of my friends.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='236119' date='Feb 7 2006, 08:26 AM
When I get my M5 later this year, I am getting Interlagos Blue. So I'm kinda going the opposite way, haha.
By the way.... where in SC are you? I lived in Charleston for many years. My parents still live there, actually.... as do most of my friends.
If I could do interlagos blue in my upcoming E 60 as a custom color , id do it. But im thinking im going white...and proud of it. My dealer told me I have a week to make any changes.

By the way..how expensive is it to repaint my car?