E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone regret getting alpine white 5 series

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my alpine white 530xi for 6 months and started to regret ordering this color. Road tar and brake dust are leaving numerous black dots on most of the side panels and doors. Despite cleaning it regularly (if weather permits) and using the Turtle wax Tar remover, it is taking longer and harder each time to get the car clean. Anyone has the same complaint as me? any better solution to clean these black spots?

Other than this and a lack of interior storage space, the 530xi is a pleasure to drive.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Senior Members

I don't have one, but I'd like one. I love white. Just get some good tar remover, and you'll be allright.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

No Regrets with White (had black cars for the last 10 years - this is my first white one).
Attached Thumbnails Anyone regret getting alpine white 5 series-bbs.jpg   Anyone regret getting alpine white 5 series-mtech3.jpg  
Old 02-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Targatim' post='235401' date='Feb 5 2006, 09:50 PM
Had my alpine white 530xi for 6 months and started to regret ordering this color. Road tar and brake dust are leaving numerous black dots on most of the side panels and doors. Despite cleaning it regularly (if weather permits) and using the Turtle wax Tar remover, it is taking longer and harder each time to get the car clean. Anyone has the same complaint as me? any better solution to clean these black spots?

Other than this and a lack of interior storage space, the 530xi is a pleasure to drive.
Interior storage space? You should look at the trunk of the 06 Lexus GS. I could hardly crawl into it and I'm under 6' tall.

I've always had white cars, but this one was not white. I feel your pain. . .
Old 02-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Members

new brake pads would do the job
or get it repainted..its an option but it'll cost a fortune lol
Old 02-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by Targatim' post='235401' date='Feb 5 2006, 10:50 PM

I've never owned a white car but I've heard its the hardest color to clean. Even more so than black.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

After you clean the tar off with the tar remover, are you applying any type of wax? Usually, tar remover will remove any wax which could explain why it is becoming increasingly difficult to clean.

jet190rs, white cars are way, way, way easier to keep clean than black cars. I've owned white cars pretty much forever with a couple darker ones in the mix too. There's no question that white is easy to keep clean but it's amazing how many people think otherwise...
Old 02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='235424

I've never owned a white car but I've heard its the hardest color to clean. Even more so than black.
[/quote]
Nope! White is by far, easier to keep clean (and it "looks" clean much longer than black)!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I regret not getting that color somtimes... I like Alpine white as much as I do Silver Gray.

M5 in Alpine White is HOT!!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i 6speed white/black comfort seats,l7,nav,sat,m-tech

e60 looks much more sporty in white than other colors. I feel your pain with the spots. Almost the size of pen dots but everywhere!! Some cars look great in white others don't. I woundn't get the 645 in white. Only silver or black. Or carbon black if I could get it!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone regret getting alpine white 5 series