E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone recommends Olivine Green with Beige leather?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by royz86' post='360278' date='Nov 25 2006, 12:40 AM
Yes I do as I've had one since May of this year. I wanted a different colour to the usual silver, grey and black that everyone seems to have and I don't like the 5 series in blue. Olivine is one of those colours that looks really different in various lights. I think it looks best in bright sunlight when it takes on a goldy colour.

I really wanted beige leather as I think it looks more luxurious than black or grey and it really brightens up an otherwise dark interior as you get beige carpets and roof lining. Usually it is recommended to have a light interior with a dark exterior and vice versa, so I did hesisate. Anyway I bit the bullet and I'm really glad that I've got it now.

The only thing I'd change is the door cards which are all beige. I think they would look better with black along the top to match with the two tone dashboard. I see that BMW have done this on the facelift where it is black, beige with a full width strip of wood.

I've added the dark poplar wood with the beige leather which I think is the best combination.

Are you thinking of ordering one then?
Old 11-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Olivine Green w/ Beige leather interior, 6 spd manual, premium package, comfort access, cold weather package, heated rear seats. 2005 Acura MDX Touring Sage Brush Pearl w/ NAV, running boards, roof rack 1993 325is Calypso Red w/ Parchment leather interior, 5 spd manual. (Sold Nov 06)
I also wanted something different and got the Olivine Green with Beige interior...I love the color.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

At work, I park next to the exact color scheme every day and at home, a neighbor of mine has it too and I can say it's my second favorite color combination...
Old 11-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Members

Yes, I am thinking to just take something in stock, which they (this is from several different dealers) offered me:

Jet Black with black leather - Auto Nav PP CA - $56446 (OTD: 8.75% Alameda, CA sales tax)
Jet Black with beige leather - Auto Nav PP - $55700 (OTD)
Olivin Green with beige leather - Auto Nav PP CA Split_fold_rear - $56646 (OTD)
Silver Gray with beige leather - Auto Nav PP - $51665 (before tax etc)

I previously ordered a 530i silver but thinking that they have some in stock so I probably should just cancel my order and go ahead with one in stock

Thats why I am considering Olivin Green but wondering if the car will be hard to sell (let's say after 2 years)
Old 11-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by royz86' post='360278' date='Nov 24 2006, 08:40 PM

I think its okay. Its also unique. IMHO, beige interior would be mandatory.

CVT Benhogan
Old 11-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by royz86' post='360278' date='Nov 24 2006, 07:40 PM
You don't say where you are in the world, but if you like the colour scheme then you should go for it, however, if you come from the UK and you're buying the car, not leasing, I would give it a miss as future resale could prove a disaster. This may be the case throughout Europe, not sure about the rest of the world. Just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Titanium Silver/Black, 6-Sp Steptronic, Sport Package, HD Radio, Sirius, Premium Sound, GPS Nav, Cold Pkg, cell phone cradle, iPod through the AUX port 1976 Datsun 280Z, Charcoal/Black, 5-Sp Manual, A/C, American Mags, CD, Tom Tom 930 GPS (works better than the BMW!) and the rest is pretty much stock

Originally Posted by royz86' post='360589' date='Nov 25 2006, 06:10 PM
Thats why I am considering Olivin Green but wondering if the car will be hard to sell (let's say after 2 years)
If you're thinking about resale in two years I'd recommend standing on any street corner and do a 5-minute survey of how many green cars you see. That percentage is your future buyer base unless there's a new wave in car fashion. The rule of thumb in the car business is offer what sells the most. That's why the silvers and blacks are so common - they universally look good and a lot of people like them. My friend, a retired Cadillac dealer, told me once that white cars resell the fastest and easiest. I can't figure out why but he made a lot of bucks doing just that.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

I may be wrong here but is it the case that the number of interior colour schemes offered to NA is limited compared to some other territories?

Also someone posted that the only exterior colour in Canada was (a) black.

If either of these is true, what gives?

Is BMW NA unable to allow our transatlantic friends to express themselves?

ABC
Old 11-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='360604' date='Nov 25 2006, 08:04 PM
You don't say where you are in the world, but if you like the colour scheme then you should go for it, however, if you come from the UK and you're buying the car, not leasing, I would give it a miss as future resale could prove a disaster. This may be the case throughout Europe, not sure about the rest of the world. Just my opinion.
Hey, since its so rainy, gray and gloomy over there, why would color matter?

Quick Reply: Anyone recommends Olivine Green with Beige leather?