E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE STUPID SEATBELT SOUN

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Why should ANYONE have to fasten their seatbelt to go 20 feet?

So you don't have to hear the seatbelt chime. Either that or go 20 feet rather quickly.

I need to shut my door every time I start the car (unless it is already in "N"). That's just the way it is.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Members

Yes, the easiest way is just to WEAR THE SEATBELT.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:08 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 525d Mystic Blue Business Line
Originally Posted by qtrII6' date='Jul 14 2005, 12:57 AM
i wear my seatbelt most of the time but there are times I DONT WANT TO WEAR THE DAMN SEATBELT LOL how in the world can i take that stupid sound off!!! please someone help im so sick of hearing that goinky sound .........although i must admit puts my belt on but still id like it off can someone assist me please?
[snapback]148827[/snapback]
Well, i don't know if it works for the driver seat but for the passenger seat just drive 2-3 miles and the sound will stop. Although, to be politicaly correct, I recommend to wear you seatbelt of course.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

This has been discussed several times and everytime someone asks this question they get lectured by people insisting that you wear your belt etc. etc....

Yes it is very annoying, for some real solutions try using the forum's "search" function. Search for the term "Seatbelt chime". There were a few forum members that had solutions to this.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Originally Posted by qtrII6' date='Jul 13 2005, 11:57 PM
i wear my seatbelt most of the time but there are times I DONT WANT TO WEAR THE DAMN SEATBELT LOL how in the world can i take that stupid sound off!!! please someone help im so sick of hearing that goinky sound .........although i must admit puts my belt on but still id like it off can someone assist me please?
[snapback]148827[/snapback]
Definitely something only an American would say.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

I wear mine 98% of the time. However, if you have the right software version, which is apparently the one I have, it'll quit dinging after 90 seconds.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM
huy
Contributors

I wear my selt belt 101% of the time.. the 1% accounts for all the times i'm seating in the car (off) waiting for someone or talking on my cell phone..

BUT, the chime does drive me crazy as i frequently have either a briefcase or back pack (laptop) on my passenger seat that will trigger the seat belt chime when driving.. the spare buckle idea to me is bad b/c i want any passengers to wear their seat belts when they are in the vehicle.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

The chime will drive you crazy, but it is doing what it is supposed to do. As for the driver, there is no excuse, if you are driving, buckle up. If you are moving 20 feet, then just deal with the sound, it shouldn't take that long. My wife hates the chime, but she never buckles up in the passenger seat, until after we're moving. I like the reminder for me to remind her (belt chime "remindher"...I like that).

BUT, last weekend, I was driving with some groceries in the front seat (Juice and canned fruit and other stuff with some weight), and my chime was on all the way home (about 7 minutes). That annoyed the hell out of me. I could have put it in the back seat, and I will from now one, but that experience there made me hate the chime for a second. I was already rolling and the airbag off light was on, which it should have been since the weight wasn't that much (nice to know things are working).
Old 07-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Members

some of you folks are annoying with the whole government act of "you should wear ur seatbelt" i want a solution not another father, and for the person who said thats a typical american comment u can suck it cuz thats preference like i said i wear my seat belt but for example last night i was messing with my bluetooth and drove around the block seeing how the bluetooth worked and i had to wear a seatbelt............so if someone has A REAL SOLUTION please let me know ......the extra buckle idea isnt bad but id rather find an alternative way....
Old 07-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Robert A' date='Jul 14 2005, 06:16 AM
I think it's a valid question.? I have a garage with a manual door, and every morning I have to backup 20 feet, get out and close the door.

Why should ANYONE have to fasten their seatbelt to go 20 feet?
For 20 feet... Well, ignore the damn sound... I do, it works...

Quick Reply: ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE STUPID SEATBELT SOUN