E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone know of a good mechanic in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, (and gals),

Like the title says I am in need of a good independent mechanic for an oil change and a brake fluid flush. I drive is telling me its time for both. any help would be greatly appreciated. also, can anyone ballpark how much that should cost? Thanks in advance, Danny
Old 04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Members

I've used Black Forest in the Kearny Mesa area for my old Porsche. They are ok, but kinda pricey.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

PM sent .
Old 04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

All German Auto or Group5
Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

August European motors on Miramar Road, or Group 5 are great places. Haven't had my oil changed anywhere besides BMW, but my mom takes her mercedes to August.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Jet Black/Black 530i Sport Package Premium Package Comfort Package Steptronic Transmission Factory Bi-Xenons Bluetooth Current Mods: Black Kidney Grills Black/White Roundels Glossy Black Bimmian badge Smoke Tinted tails 20% Tint (5 percent on rear window)

I take my car to DOSE Independent BMW service in El Cajon. They only do BMW and have so for the last 20 years. Its a great shop and family owned.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '06 550i Sport Package

Anyone here have experience with Wolf's Foreign Car Service on Engineer Rd. just off Convoy? (I have read good reviews on other sites.)
Old 04-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Members

Go see Chris at La Jolla Independent and tell him Tom Cassidy sent you. You will be entertained by all the retro cars on their lot and his prices and service are excellent.

www.bimmerdoc.com

The rotating image on the home page has a picture of the assend of my sepang M coupe.

Tom
Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

Originally Posted by atillathetom
Go see Chris at La Jolla Independent and tell him Tom Cassidy sent you. You will be entertained by all the retro cars on their lot and his prices and service are excellent.

www.bimmerdoc.com

The rotating image on the home page has a picture of the assend of my sepang M coupe.

Tom
+1 La Jolla Independent are genius when it comes to BMW's. I know they're good with "classic" BMWs but didn't know how well versed they were with the newer ones.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by akfirepro
Hey guys, (and gals),

Like the title says I am in need of a good independent mechanic for an oil change and a brake fluid flush. I drive is telling me its time for both. any help would be greatly appreciated. also, can anyone ballpark how much that should cost? Thanks in advance, Danny
Honestly, any competent mechanic can change the oil and flush the brake fluid on any car. PepBoys, Midas, Bob's Foreign Car etc. could all do this for you. Hence, if it's not convenient, you needn't use a BMW mechanic.

With that said, Exclusively BMW in downtown San Diego and Miramar Rd. are good and could do the work quickly.

Also La Jolla Independent are the best BMW mechanics in San Diego as indicated by the other posters. However, La Jolla Independent is off the beaten path in the Bird Rock area of La Jolla and they're very busy, so it may not be worth your trouble as you typically have to leave your overnight etc. With that said, is you ever need some "real work" on your car (e.g., replacement of control arms, belts and hoses, electrical work etc.) these are your guys.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of a good mechanic in San Diego