E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone know this car? Strange car.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posting this for a friend who is interested in a car that is for sale by copart. http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch....SEARCH_RESULTS

This car seems sketchy right of the bat to me because of a few things I noticed. Its not a accident car but its been impounded by the police? A car gets impounded because of police related issues right?

I also noticed the car has 3 custom rims but 1 stock rim. For 59k miles the interior looks like a mess...the cup holder is gone and the roundel in the steering wheel is gone?? Which brings up another point...the car seems to have sport package but that is NOT a sport steering wheel? The front bumper has PDC but the rear does not?

What can you E60 veterans spot?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Stay away lol
Old 12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Isn't COPART a junkshop?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by al_ongvano
Isn't COPART a junkshop?
Yes, COPART is a huge auto junkyard... cars totaled by insurance often end up there. My Maxima ended up there immediately after the front end was repositioned into the passenger compartment by some 17 year old loser... but it led to my 545
Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i - Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Active Steering, Navigation, Comfort Access, 7 Logic Stereo

Tell your friend to run away like the thing is on fire!
Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Members

My Ride: Carbon black m sport package 535xi. Natural brown interior with black diamond trim. Dinan stage 2.

I would not take this car if it was given to me
Old 12-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

+1 RUN
Old 12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Senior Members

Thanks for the input guys...but why not? If you could win that car for about $10k...? Whats so bad about it? It runs!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

Ok just my input, if the car has no MAJOR mechanical or electrical probs I'd go for it, alotta ppl dnt wanna deal w/ some TLC but I dont mind(speaking from experience) HOWEVER some of the things you describe do scare me like the missing roundel and half PDC lol. But my car is in fact sport package WITH that steering wheel

*EDIT* a closer look shows it has PDC. Younger eyes I guess lol
Old 12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Thanks for the input guys...but why not? If you could win that car for about $10k...? Whats so bad about it? It runs!
The "AS IS" disclaimer note scares me

When you submit a bid through Copart, you are offering to purchase the specified vehicle at the price you specify. The Seller may accept the highest bid placed during the auction, and thus if you are the highest bidder and your bid is accepted you will be contractually bound to purchase the vehicle at the price you specify plus any applicable Copart fees. All sales are final and the highest bidder has no right of rescission and no refund or exchange rights.

Since this vehicle is being sold "AS IS - WHERE IS", it means that the purchaser is buying it "with all faults" and without any warranty or guarantee of any type, express or implied. Any information regarding this vehicle provided by the Seller or Copart is for convenience only. It is your sole responsibility to ascertain, confirm, research, inspect, and investigate a vehicle and any information regarding such vehicle prior to bidding on it. Copart expressly disclaims the accuracy of the vehicle information on this page including damage details, odometer readings and vehicle identification numbers (VIN).

For more information, please refer to Copart's Member Terms and Conditions which can be found here: Member Terms & Conditions (pdf)

Quick Reply: Anyone know this car? Strange car.