E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get a welcome packet in the mail?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Yesterday I received a package in the mail that contained, among other things, a CD-ROM called "The BMW Experience".

The disc is something that I'm sure most forum members would salivate over. I've only looked it over for a few minutes so I can't say much more than it is full of Quicktime videos covering many aspects of BMW. It isn't exclusive to the E60 but, for example, during the manufacturing video it shows an E60 on the assembly line (as well as other cars).

There is a copyright message displayed when you exit the disc that says it can't be copied without the express consent of BMWNA.

Lomag or das, maybe you can get NA's permission to post some of the videos on the site? Then again, maybe all owners will be getting one of these for themselves....

(In addition to getting permission for this disc, if you are going to persue official permission, you might want to ask about the discs (CD and DVD) that came with the car.)
Old 06-29-2004, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine last week. Pretty neat!
Old 06-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I received one as well, maybe two months after taking delivery, same as yours, including disc, though to be honest, I haven't even looked at it.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:23 AM
sj3
Senior Members

What else is in this packet? Thanks.

Sam
Old 06-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Let's see if I can remember: A lovely letter from BMWNA, a card with your Owner's Circle info, a card for BMW Roadside Assistance, some dividers to put in a binder for filing car information and paper work and I think another survey of some sort. That's all I can recall, it has been several months now. Oh yeah, a spiral bound book with info on various BMW offerings, including Sirius sat. radio, BMW Owners Circle, BMW Assist and Roadside Assistance and BMW Finance.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

kscarrol pretty much remembered everything in the package.

The paperwork is not that big of a deal but the CD-ROM is really well done and, as I said earlier, would make a huge contribution to this website.

Lomag, das, any thoughts??
Old 06-29-2004, 03:21 PM
JDN
Contributors

I agree on the CD ROM, Rudy. I had mine in my CD drive within a few minutes and spent the time I could spare picking through it. Unfortunately, it is still in the CD drive but has not been opened since the initial experience. One of those things to get around to . . .

If BMW sends the package to all E60 purchasers, do we really need access through this forum, too?
Old 06-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jun 29 2004, 05:21 PM
If BMW sends the package to all E60 purchasers, do we really need access through this forum, too?
The CD is just for the ones in the USA.
Package does not include any CD's or DVD's in Germany.
I am interested to know what the content of the CD is...?!
Old 06-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Jun 29 2004, 07:21 PM
I agree on the CD ROM, Rudy. I had mine in my CD drive within a few minutes and spent the time I could spare picking through it. Unfortunately, it is still in the CD drive but has not been opened since the initial experience. One of those things to get around to . . .

The main reason I thought it would add something to the forum is to help appease all the people who are still awaiting or have just taken delivery of their cars. Every day, there's a new forum "junkie" just looking for a little BMW fix while they wait, and wait, and wait. (Of course with me, I've got my car and am still a junkie! )

Since it looks as if it takes over 2 months from delivery to get the CD, I'm betting a lot of people would enjoy it more if they could view it now. My bet is that once they get the car, just like you and me, people won't get around to actually watching the CD-ROM since they have "the real thing" in the garage at their disposal. If I had the CD before delivery, I probably would have watched it inside and out, backwards and forwards!

Show of hands -- how many of you guys would love to see this thing now rather than wait until yours arrives??
Old 06-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Icy
Members

Count me in!

Quick Reply: Anyone get a welcome packet in the mail?