E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

anyone get 16.2 yet? curious about what changes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

djones4, this is news to me! I have just talked to Sony Ericcson's R&D department in Singapore regarding my frustration in pairing my P910i to my car (s/w 15.x) and they promised to get back to me within 2 weeks!

Please tell me if the phonebook does transfer over?

My experience has been: you could pair the P910i alright, but when a call comes in, the "headset connection lost" message appears on the P910i after a couple of rings. Same goes for calls going out. It is very frustrating that earlier phones like the T610 & T630 works beautifully but my loaded P910i (with 1GB on duo) cannot even take a call!!!

Currently I am using Siemens S65 coz it is fully compatible, not that I have a choice.....

Time to call my dealer if 16.2 is in already................
Old 04-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Members

What seals are you talking about in the first few posts of this thread?
Old 04-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Senior Members

The door seals, or rather the squeaky door seals :'(

I have talked to my dealer and they are reserving a set for me....

No more ugly anti-friction tapes I hope....
Old 04-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i 05

Originally Posted by fq1' date='Apr 13 2005, 06:36 PM
[quote name='djones4' date='Apr 13 2005, 08:18 PM']I just got 16.2 and it allows my sony erricsson p910i to connect and works beautifly
[snapback]115130[/snapback]
MP3?
[snapback]115145[/snapback]
[/quote]

no mp3 <_<
Old 04-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i 05

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Apr 13 2005, 06:45 PM
djones4, this is news to me!? I have just talked to Sony Ericcson's R&D department in Singapore regarding my frustration in pairing my P910i to my car (s/w 15.x) and they promised to get back to me within 2 weeks!

Please tell me if the phonebook does transfer over??

My experience has been: you could pair the P910i alright, but when a call comes in, the "headset connection lost" message appears on the P910i after a couple of rings.? Same goes for calls going out.? It is very frustrating that earlier phones like the T610 & T630 works beautifully but my loaded P910i (with 1GB on duo) cannot even take a call!!!?

Currently I am using Siemens S65 coz it is fully compatible, not that I have a choice.....

Time to call my dealer if 16.2 is in already................
[snapback]115148[/snapback]
i had 13.x originaly and i had the same problems u described but with 16.2 everything works even voice commands but the phonebook dosent transfer. im still really happy that the phone is working flawless now just make sure "allow device to connect without notification" is checked
Old 04-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by djones4' date='Apr 14 2005, 01:19 AM
i had 13.x originaly and i had the same problems u described but with 16.2 everything works even voice commands but the phonebook dosent transfer. im still really happy that the phone is working flawless now just make sure "allow device to connect without notification" is checked?
[snapback]115210[/snapback]
I have 16.1 in my ride and while pairing is OK, calls cut back to the phone after a couple of rings. I would be upgrading the s/w to 16.2 on Monday and would love to see how it goes.

Please enlighten me on "allow device to connect without notification". Is it on the mobile (I don't remember seeing it on the P910i) or the Idrive? If it is on the latter, which screen is it on?

Also, please let me know your P910i's firmware version; I"m using R4A10 and today was at a SE service centre - the techs told me they have a R4D0X which is not available on the SE website as yet.

Cheers
Old 04-14-2005, 06:31 AM
JMB
Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Apr 14 2005, 02:48 PM
Please enlighten me on "allow device to connect without notification".? Is it on the mobile (I don't remember seeing it on the P910i) or the Idrive?? If it is on the latter, which screen is it on?
[snapback]115275[/snapback]

Touch the bluetooth icon al the bottom of the screen
Select "settings"
Go to the "devices" tab
Select the device (BMW*** or whatever)
You should have now a screen where you can change the name of the device (no other effect, only esaier for you to recognise it when name shown is strange)
and a check box, something like "allow connection without confirm".

I'm sorry I have the spanish version of P910 and don't know exact terms...

Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 8 2005, 05:38 PM
i know 16.2 is creeping into dealers here in the US now... anyone have it, and can you list the changes you've noticed?

also, anyone with the new seals, yeah or nay on the craking?

thanks
[snapback]113172[/snapback]
no 16.2 yet...but, I believe I have the new window seals. this helped with the Anti-trap function happening randomly automatically maybe in conjunction with a software upgrade...end resut = creaking. I've seen posted on this board a solution called carboflow and my dealer service manager explained that by cleaning built up residue in the front door jams this should stop the creaking.

My happiness and content with my new tires, new handling, smoothness in ride, heavily out weigh the creaking...I actually drive with the radio off now - just to hear the engine rev and new quietness of ride - don't really notice the creaking anymore.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cader' date='Apr 15 2005, 11:47 AM
[quote name='wassy' date='Apr 8 2005, 05:38 PM']i know 16.2 is creeping into dealers here in the US now... anyone have it, and can you list the changes you've noticed?

thanks
no 16.2 yet...but, I believe I have the new window seals. this helped with the Anti-trap function happening randomly automatically maybe in conjunction with a software upgrade...end resut = creaking. I've seen posted on this board a solution called carboflow and my dealer service manager explained that by cleaning built up residue in the front door jams this should stop the creaking.

My happiness and content with my new tires, new handling, smoothness in ride, heavily out weigh the creaking...I actually drive with the radio off now - just to hear the engine rev and new quietness of ride - don't really notice the creaking anymore.

[snapback]115778[/snapback]
[/quote]

why do you think you have the NEW seals? did they replace them, and when? the new ones literally just came out and arrived at dealers about now.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 15 2005, 11:52 AM
[quote name='cader' date='Apr 15 2005, 11:47 AM'][quote name='wassy' date='Apr 8 2005, 05:38 PM']i know 16.2 is creeping into dealers here in the US now... anyone have it, and can you list the changes you've noticed?

thanks

[snapback]115778[/snapback]
[/quote]

why do you think you have the NEW seals? did they replace them, and when? the new ones literally just came out and arrived at dealers about now.
[snapback]115824[/snapback]
[/quote]

I had my car in twice trying to fix the window anti-trap function...the first time, was a software upgrade...the second was the seals, less than a month ago...it fixed the anti-trap function but continues to creak(again, not sure if it was in combination of another software upgrade as well, i'm at 15.2 now). maybe, my dealer called my fix "seals" and there is an entirely new "seal" your refering to...?

Quick Reply: anyone get 16.2 yet? curious about what changes?