E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

anyone get 16.2 yet? curious about what changes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know 16.2 is creeping into dealers here in the US now... anyone have it, and can you list the changes you've noticed?

also, anyone with the new seals, yeah or nay on the craking?

thanks
Old 04-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 8 2005, 08:38 PM
i know 16.2 is creeping into dealers here in the US now... anyone have it, and can you list the changes you've noticed?

thanks
[snapback]113172[/snapback]
I am suposed to have new seals fitted on monday along with the radio to not come on when key is entered and a few over things I will let you no how it go's
Old 04-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Contributors

I am just thinking.. Initially, any new seals will work. when we first got our cars, no creaking... it settled in shortly thereafter.. so whether they put on old or redesigned seals, we are all going to say how the problem is fixed.. then a month or so later, my gut feeling is that some posts will start trickling in about the creaking coming back!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Apr 8 2005, 07:38 PM

thanks
The idrive menu is different for starters, "Communciation" submenus have change; now you also have alphabetic letters available to you under the dial submenu in addition to numbers.

Radio off at shut down = radio off at start-up (I think this came in 16.1).

I find that the active steering is a little lighter but I also had my summer wheels and tires put on at the same time and perhaps what I am noticing is the summer tires vs. the winter tires.

It may be my imagination bit I find the idrive moves faster through the menus as well. Throttle response seems to be snappier at low rpm's.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Apr 9 2005, 10:28 PM
[quote name='wassy' date='Apr 8 2005, 07:38 PM']i know 16.2 is creeping into dealers here in the US now... anyone have it, and can you list the changes you've noticed?

thanks
The idrive menu is different for starters, "Communciation" submenus have change; now you also have alphabetic letters available to you under the dial submenu in addition to numbers.

Radio off at shut down = radio off at start-up (I think this came in 16.1).

I find that the active steering is a little lighter but I also had my summer wheels and tires put on at the same time and perhaps what I am noticing is the summer tires vs. the winter tires.

It may be my imagination bit I find the idrive moves faster through the menus as well. Throttle response seems to be snappier at low rpm's.
[snapback]113530[/snapback]
[/quote]

ccol.. thanks.. let us know if you see any other changes, or feel any differences.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:51 AM
Contributors

16.2 looks like a worthy upgrade. I have confirmed that it has Birds Eye Nav http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=8570&hl= and fix to mute proplem (Radio off at shut down = radio on at start-up)

Others have reported fixes to Communications system - Bluetooth phone echo for the other party, 4 ring limit, unable to toggle waiting calls and phonebook selection by name beginning with number.

RDS is reported to be working in this version. It does not have SMS or MP3, so you may want to wait for 17, from what I have read.

Hopefully, I will get my car in this week.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Apr 10 2005, 08:51 AM
16.2 looks like a worthy upgrade. I have confirmed that it has Birds Eye Nav http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=8570&hl= and fix to mute proplem (Radio off at shut down = radio on at start-up)?

Others have reported fixes to Communications system - Bluetooth phone echo for the other party, 4 ring limit, unable to toggle waiting calls and phonebook selection by name beginning with number.

RDS is reported to be working in this version.? It does not have SMS or MP3, so you may want to wait for 17, from what I have read.

Hopefully, I will get my car in this week.
[snapback]113658[/snapback]

Well, if ALL this is true, it would ne a significant upgrade to our cars. I haven't heard anything about RDS working with NAV cars, or seen anything on here regarding the communication upgrades. so let's hope you are right!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Contributors

Me too. The hardest part of getting an early upgrade from my tech (who is a beta tester) is getting the documentation. It usually comes scratched out on a napkin or a vague email.

I'll try real hard to get a PDF this time.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i 05

I just got 16.2 and it allows my sony erricsson p910i to connect and works beautifly
Old 04-13-2005, 06:36 PM
fq1
Members

Originally Posted by djones4' date='Apr 13 2005, 08:18 PM
I just got 16.2 and it allows my sony erricsson p910i to connect and works beautifly
[snapback]115130[/snapback]
MP3?

Quick Reply: anyone get 16.2 yet? curious about what changes?