E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have their car on the Elektra?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, Im now getting in the crazy stage as my car is on the water. The Wallenius site tells me that the Elektra has 4 stops before it gets to New York. Sweden, Belgium, Southhampton, and Halifax Canada.
The ship is scheduled into new york on the 25th. I am contemplating just going to my dealer and buying one off the floor. I just cant wait. Im not ordering one off the floor. I ordered this in early February...Ill just wait. I guess it will be mid June before I start this baby up. Getting the Aero Pkg installed at the VPC so that will add 2 weeks. I am a basket case. Maybe ill rent a 550 and beat it up in the meantime.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Veight' post='280988' date='May 11 2006, 08:11 AM
Ok, Im now getting in the crazy stage as my car is on the water. The Wallenius site tells me that the Elektra has 4 stops before it gets to New York. Sweden, Belgium, Southhampton, and Halifax Canada.
The ship is scheduled into new york on the 25th. I am contemplating just going to my dealer and buying one off the floor. I just cant wait. Im not ordering one off the floor. I ordered this in early February...Ill just wait. I guess it will be mid June before I start this baby up. Getting the Aero Pkg installed at the VPC so that will add 2 weeks. I am a basket case. Maybe ill rent a 550 and beat it up in the meantime.
I remember the feeling. The hardest part is waiting for the slow a$$ ship to arrive at port, then put into VPC then transported to dealership. I checked the Wallenius website every day.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

I just went through this. Hang in there.....
Old 05-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Yup, we've all been there ... tracking the vessel across the Atlantic on NASA sattelites, webcam shots of the cars being unloaded in port, driving down to the VPC to peer inside the chain link fence to see our precious, camping out across from the dealer waiting for the delivery truck to show up, sleeping the car at the dealer the night before you take delivery.

These are all normal events in the purchase of an E60.

By the way ... not to make it worse for you ... but your car is headed to the South Carolina VPC for preparation to ship it to the Chicago area.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='281050' date='May 11 2006, 12:30 PM
Yup, we've all been there ... tracking the vessel across the Atlantic on NASA sattelites, webcam shots of the cars being unloaded in port, driving down to the VPC to peer inside the chain link fence to see our precious, camping out across from the dealer waiting for the delivery truck to show up, sleeping the car at the dealer the night before you take delivery.

These are all normal events in the purchase of an E60.

By the way ... not to make it worse for you ... but your car is headed to the South Carolina VPC for preparation to ship it to the Chicago area.

Actually mine is really going to New Jersey. It was an ED deal gone bad. Normally the car would go to SC cause my dealer is in the midwest, but this is following the route of an ED car even though I never went to Europe. All ED's for the east coast I guess go to Jersey. My ED was cancelled cause of delay due to nightvision.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight' post='281061' date='May 11 2006, 12:43 PM
Actually mine is really going to New Jersey.
Right, I forgot about your special deal. Maybe this will shorten your delivery a couple of days.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='281072' date='May 11 2006, 01:12 PM
Right, I forgot about your special deal. Maybe this will shorten your delivery a couple of days.
Well I still see the Elektra stuck in port at Breman. Is the captain boozing it up or what??? Get in the &*^% boat, turn the key and lets move it already...sheesh. I want to see this thing moving up the canal and out to sea. This is going to be rough for me. I need a chill pill.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='281074' date='May 11 2006, 02:16 PM
Well I still see the Elektra stuck in port at Breman. Is the captain boozing it up or what??? Get in the &*^% boat, turn the key and lets move it already...sheesh. I want to see this thing moving up the canal and out to sea. This is going to be rough for me. I need a chill pill.

Glad to see you're holding on to your sense of humor, even though you do sound like you may snap. :'(

Gotta love this damm night vision, I thought my three week delay was bad but your on month three and counting.. You are strong! And OF COURSE you are going to wait it out, you've made it this far and you'll regret taking another 550 that won't have the nice options you ordered etc.. BTW- your car sounds sweet!

And besides it's just a "car", that only gets you from point A to B... just a plain old BMW.. ick blat patwooee.. besides you'll only enjoy it for a day then the novelty will wear off anyway, Hell I hope the damm ship sinks, then all your worrying will be over.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wavehogger' post='281243' date='May 11 2006, 05:51 PM
Glad to see you're holding on to your sense of humor, even though you do sound like you may snap. :'(

Gotta love this damm night vision, I thought my three week delay was bad but your on month three and counting.. You are strong! And OF COURSE you are going to wait it out, you've made it this far and you'll regret taking another 550 that won't have the nice options you ordered etc.. BTW- your car sounds sweet!

And besides it's just a "car", that only gets you from point A to B... just a plain old BMW.. ick blat patwooee.. besides you'll only enjoy it for a day then the novelty will wear off anyway, Hell I hope the damm ship sinks, then all your worrying will be over.
YOU CRACK ME UP
Old 05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Members

I found out today that I'm on the Elektra as well. I did ED on the 24th and dropped off in Munich on the 28th after 8 days in Munich, Salzburg and Vienna. The Harms agent said the ship is scheduled to arrive in Newark on the 25th.

By the way, my Wife and I loved Germany and Austria - esp. as viewed from the 550i. Bernard Hausmaninger was our delivery agent and does a nice job. I would love to do this again - the German people were so nice and the country beautiful. Now the wait.... By the way, thanks to all for the forum which is great - helped me much during the order phase.

'07 550i
Silber Grau w/Auburn Dakota Leather, Sport and Premium Packages, Premium Sound, Logic 7, Sat Radio, HD Radio, Nav, Anthracite Headliner, Rear Sunshade, I think everything except Heads-up display and Active Steering.
Actually never posted til now - will figure out how to add a pic....

Quick Reply: Anyone else have their car on the Elektra?