E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

are the weisslicht ultra bright LED upgrade any good? I'm looking for something really bright sort of like the newer 5 series. put it this way....would you get it for your E60?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i (E60) - Titanium Silver | Black Dakota w/ Bamboo Anthracite | Sports Package | Premium Package | Steptronic | Navigation | Logic 7 Former: 1995 540i MSport (E34) - 6sp, B&M Short Shift | Dinan Intake | Dinan Exhaust | Dinan Chip 1987 325iC (E30) - sold

I would get it for my E60 but I believe the guys at JleviSW have suggested that the weisslicht ultra bright LED E60 versions these days are creating error codes and don't recommend buying them at this time. If I remember correctly the sales guy (Ryan or Bryan?) said it had something to do with the resistor pack. I don't know anything about this stuff but I figured if the store was honest enough to say hold on I felt confident to wait for a bit.

Anyone have any other plug and play option that doesn't require alot of work?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

Originally Posted by a42kracer
I would get it for my E60 but I believe the guys at JleviSW have suggested that the weisslicht ultra bright LED E60 versions these days are creating error codes and don't recommend buying them at this time. If I remember correctly the sales guy (Ryan or Bryan?) said it had something to do with the resistor pack. I don't know anything about this stuff but I figured if the store was honest enough to say hold on I felt confident to wait for a bit.

Anyone have any other plug and play option that doesn't require alot of work?
hmmm thanks ill look into it
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

I had returning error codes w/ the weisslicht led halos, some others had no issue.