E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Hey guys...for those of you that have your Car...what unknown features are there that are quite helpful and interesting....also the good known ones that i should look out for...
Old 12-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Dec 8 2004, 09:38 PM
Hey guys...for those of you that have your Car...what unknown features are there that are quite helpful and interesting....also the good known ones that i should look out for...
[snapback]66848[/snapback]
The Manual doesn't start to teach you all the litlle tricks and Voice commands etc in I-Drive or for that matter the car.

This Forum has more undocumented information on the E60 than anywhere else. With this knowlege you could run circles around almost all BMWNA and dealership employees.

I wouldn't know where to start. But if there is anything specific you need:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>SEARCH</span>
Old 12-09-2004, 02:22 AM
Senior Members

well, i don't know any unknown gadgets. but know a little money saving way. don't get a trunk liner/mat yet. try to flip over the mat that came with the car. it's made out of some non-slip material. i think that's very useful and fits perfectly. hope this helps .
Old 12-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 9 2004, 12:22 PM
well, i don't know any unknown gadgets.? but know a little money saving way.? don't get a trunk liner/mat yet.? try to flip over the mat that came with the car.? it's made out of some non-slip material.? i think that's very useful and fits perfectly.? hope this helps .
[snapback]66915[/snapback]
That was the idea behind it. The trunk floor mat is two sided and, strangely enough, is trunk shaped. Carpet on one side and rubberized on the other. You change it over to suit what you are carying.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' date='Dec 9 2004, 01:32 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Dec 9 2004, 12:22 PM']well, i don't know any unknown gadgets.? but know a little money saving way.? don't get a trunk liner/mat yet.? try to flip over the mat that came with the car.? it's made out of some non-slip material.? i think that's very useful and fits perfectly.? hope this helps .
That was the idea behind it. The trunk floor mat is two sided and, strangely enough, is trunk shaped. Carpet on one side and rubberized on the other. You change it over to suit what you are carying.
[snapback]66918[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Contributors

Don?t know if this is what you are asking or not.... It seems like we rarely speak about the features that work. One that works flawlessly IMHO is the Auto Air Recirculation feature. I really notice this one now when driving our other car. It is able to detect air pollution, like when following that bus in traffic, and switch the outside air intake off so you don?t have to smell the fumes. It is mentioned in the manual and seems trivial but works perfectly!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' date='Dec 9 2004, 01:32 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Dec 9 2004, 12:22 PM']well, i don't know any unknown gadgets.? but know a little money saving way.? don't get a trunk liner/mat yet.? try to flip over the mat that came with the car.? it's made out of some non-slip material.? i think that's very useful and fits perfectly.? hope this helps .
[snapback]66918[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mmmmm. i was wondering what floor mat

but of course, i have an E61....

I ordered some plastic to fit the trunk in order to keep things clean.
Don't know what the name for it is, will put me back for ? 218 anyhow.

Back to topic,

I've turned the car and I-drive upside down for any hidden gadgets or eastereggs, but couldn't find anything new not mentioned before.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Dec 9 2004, 06:24 AM
Don?t know if this is what you are asking or not....? It seems like we rarely speak about the features that work.? One that works flawlessly IMHO is the Auto Air Recirculation feature.? I really notice this one now when driving our other car.? It is able to detect air pollution, like when following that bus in traffic, and switch the outside air intake off so you don?t have to smell the fumes.? It is mentioned in the manual and seems trivial but works perfectly!
[snapback]66932[/snapback]

I fully agree with you and I can add that you should more appreciate that feature.
I'm temporarely driving a MB 220CDI with same feature (on paper) but when I follow a bus in trafic the only pollution sensor is my nose and, too late, I manually push the Air Recirculation button.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Dec 9 2004, 01:36 PM
I've turned the car and I-drive upside down for any hidden gadgets or eastereggs, but couldn't find anything new not mentioned before.
[snapback]66935[/snapback]
I don't think there are eastereggs. I couldn't even find any in the hidden menu, what is for service only.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

I have a question:

Have anyone tried to set Key Memory? I've read the manual several times and only thing it mentions is this:

BMW has designed several freely selectable options into the vehicle during its development. You can set these as desired via the Control Center.

Where is the Control Center and how do you set it?

Thanks!
Serge.

Quick Reply: Any Hot Gadgets that are unknown