E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Any comments on DGR coilovers for xi models

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any comments on DGR coilovers for xi models

I found these on the net. I wonder if they work with xi models. I don't the difference between xi and non xi suspensions. Would a well verse member contact DRG and inform us if its a go?

http://www.dgrsuspension.com/Product...ductCode=BM-23
Old 05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I think you missed the point ... let me try again ... for xi the ONLY available suspension choice are spring only by H&R and coilover by KW v3 maybe CKS will be the next one in line when their kit ready for prime time.

The fact that only 2 choices of suspension kit for xi pretty much give a clue that the suspension is way different with non-xi so I mean by ONLY pretty much ruled out no other option ...

But you are welcome to find out from DRG and let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:09 AM
New Members

I just wanted to take this opportunity to inform you that I understood your point. But as you are aware things don't stay the same for ever. The point that I don't understand is spending $2600.00 on a coilover setup for 528xi that will never see the track or drifting unless I'm running from the police. There is a ton of ix models out there. I don't know why other coilover manufactures can't come up with a solution for the XI enthusiast. Coilover have been out for a long time. I can't belief that KW is the only solution.The reason I started this post was to see if anyone with a better understanding on the innards of the ix/xi (what ever) would approach these old or new upcoming manufactures to see if they can come up with a solution that will compete with KW price wise. A person like you comes to mind. As far as I know no spring or spring and shock combo is worth purchasing. So apparently the coilover setup is the way to go. Would someone with cojones take the lead on this one. We need someone that would take the bull by the balls and find a freaking solution for the xi crowd. KW can kiss my rump for now. OK here is the 5 cent question. What is so special about KW that other manufactures can't imitate for the xi. I'm not referring to quality just coilover that would fit the AWD E60. In my case I just want to drop 1.5 to 2 inches without suffering on the ride. I think I just answer my question. KW!!!!!!!!!!! Do you sense my frustration. Hey!! take it easy on the newbie allright. My sensitivity threshold is minimal. PLEASE PLEASE someone Please call DRG.
Attached Thumbnails Any comments on DGR coilovers for xi models-j.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 AM
Members
Senior Members

Simply no demand. There are tons of xi model out there but not all like to lower their ride plus nothing compare to the number who own the regular non-xi.

And you wondering are about this now ... I've been wondering and waiting for more than 5 years.

OTH feel free to call DRG (among others that you wonder why not making for xi) and let them know your frustration.

We all have threshold but we all have to know we want a lot of things but we have to understand the limitation.

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 05-10-2013 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

There is a KW version 1, which is priced much less, $1,500 if I'm not mistaken. There is also CKS which if IIRC has had some issues with the kits that were made specifically for the XI. If you only want to lower then the KW V1 is the way to go.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 PM
New Members

My Ride: 650i 6sp
Model Year: 2008
Engine: 4.8l V8

Please show me this KW V1 Xi application. I was just on their website and it does not show.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

+1 ...

Also in addition query some of the recommended vendor here in the forum to validate which/what option for xi application after all they been doin' it day in day out for awhile.

Originally Posted by The_Sauce
Please show me this KW V1 Xi application. I was just on their website and it does not show.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by RIHI
There is a KW version 1, which is priced much less, $1,500 if I'm not mistaken. There is also CKS which if IIRC has had some issues with the kits that were made specifically for the XI. If you only want to lower then the KW V1 is the way to go.
I called KW in Cali and was informed that the Varient 3 is the only setup for the Xi. Is that true?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
I think you missed the point ... let me try again ... for xi the ONLY available suspension choice are spring only by H&R and coilover by KW v3 maybe CKS will be the next one in line when their kit ready for prime time.

The fact that only 2 choices of suspension kit for xi pretty much give a clue that the suspension is way different with non-xi so I mean by ONLY pretty much ruled out no other option ...

But you are welcome to find out from DRG and let us know how it turns out.
OK, here is the response from DRG. Would someone with the expertise take the lead on this. I don't have the 5 series xDrive knowledge the to take this to the next level.

Hi Joseph,

We are always interested in making new kits for cars. We do have an extensive BMW line as it is. We are willing to do group buys to get a new kit made, as far as the quantity, we require 15 people involved and we can make the kits for you. The Price would be $1500USD for each kit. Our ride is universal with all of our kits and we also offer a lifetime warranty.

Regards,

DGR Sales Team
Dgrsuspension.com
Facebook.com/Dgrsuspensionusa

Last edited by Jrosa55; 05-11-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

Sorry I'm lost expertise on/for what? If I understand their reply correctly as they said you gather 15 people and they will make the kit ... no expertise needed they are set and ready ... as I previously mentioned ... it's all about demand.

In another word what DRG said ... gather 15 people for their guinea pig to use their 1st generation setup ...

Just be careful keep in mind that's what CKS started their version for xi/xDrive coilover and it turned out they having issue(s) currently due to not enough R&D ...

GL!

Originally Posted by Jrosa55
OK, here is the response from DRG. Would someone with the expertise take the lead on this. I don't have the 5 series xDrive knowledge the to take this to the next level.

Hi Joseph,

We are always interested in making new kits for cars. We do have an extensive BMW line as it is. We are willing to do group buys to get a new kit made, as far as the quantity, we require 15 people involved and we can make the kits for you. The Price would be $1500USD for each kit. Our ride is universal with all of our kits and we also offer a lifetime warranty.

Regards,

DGR Sales Team
Dgrsuspension.com
Facebook.com/Dgrsuspensionusa

Last edited by BlaSTiWi; 05-11-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Any comments on DGR coilovers for xi models