E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anti Trap Window Warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005 | 09:58 AM
sav
Members

Hi,

I recently had the bluetooth retrofit installed for my '04 530i. The software was upgraded to 13.2.

Now when I start the car, I see this anti trap window warning appear. Any suggestions to turn it off?
Old 01-05-2005 | 10:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i 6-speed Orient Blue/Auburn

Originally Posted by sav' date='Jan 5 2005, 01:58 PM
Hi,

I recently had the bluetooth retrofit installed for my '04 530i. The software was upgraded to 13.2.

Now when I start the car, I see this anti trap window warning appear. Any suggestions to turn it off?
[snapback]75930[/snapback]
Had it happen a few times, need to take eit in for service and they need to reset the iDrive/computer.
Old 01-05-2005 | 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I had the warning too once.. Never did it again!
Old 01-05-2005 | 12:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jan 5 2005, 03:16 PM
I had the warning too once.. Never did it again!
[snapback]75993[/snapback]
I also had the warning 1x and never again.
Mine occurred after a dead battery.
Old 01-06-2005 | 05:45 AM
Members

I beleive it is a "feature" of the new software. It has happened a few times to me, but took me a while to suss it out.

It has only happened to me on frosty mornings or nights, when I go out on an emergency call. Now, does my car know I'm gonna drive it under blue lights like the clappers? Is this some kind of odd ESP on the car's part?

Nope....I sussed it last week.

if the windows have dew or frost on them, normally, I scrape or wipe them clean, however, if I'm on an emergency, I don't have time to scrape the ice off all the windows, so I pour warm water over th windscreen to defrost it, then open all the windows to aid visability.

it seems that if you try to open a frosty window, the car realises the window isn't opening properly, and so resumes there is a fault.

This is easily rectified. Wait until the window is completly clean from ice / dirt etc.. Turn car on. Open window all the way in manua mode (i.e. not using one touch). Close the window the same way. turn car off.

Mext time you turn the car on, the fault should have cleared.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2005 | 06:34 AM
Members

[I had the antitrap warning come on ,after i washed my car it went away.The dirt on windows was enough to have the antitrap feature come on ,it is sensitive,but they also upgraded software so it hasnt happened since
Old 01-06-2005 | 08:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 03/04 530, Nav

I had the same warning start coming up after they did a software update to mine. Took it in yesterday, the service rep told me there is no way there is any relation with it starting to come on and the software update, sounds like he was wrong! Either way, they fixed it, no idea how.

Pavel
Old 06-01-2005 | 12:43 AM
Members

Hey, i did a search and came across this. I just tinted my windows and this warning came up.

So the only way to really get rid of it is take it to a BMW dealer correct?

if there are any other ways you guys know besides the ones stated above please let me know

thanks
Old 06-01-2005 | 01:42 AM
Contributors

I had 2 problems. It came up once and went away. That was good
The second time I had to take it in to be reset. It has been good eversince
Old 06-01-2005 | 02:32 AM
Contributors

It happened to me once while I was closing the window.....the window stopped and the anti-trap message was displayed. After that everytime I started the car it would show the anti-trap window picture on the instrument panel and the window would move only a couple of inches at a time. I remembered reading somewhere that the windows can be reset by rolling them all the way down and then all the way up and holding the button for 5 or more seconds. I did this (moving only 2 inches at a time) and when it finally reached the top (closed position) I held the button activated for 10 seconds. That did the trick......it was reset......the window worked as it should (not 2 inches at a time), and the warning never came back. If you are getting this warning message try resetting all the windows as I described (even if all the windows are working properly). Try this before taking the car to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Anti Trap Window Warning