E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anthracite Headliner

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nasa60' post='429258' date='May 29 2007, 12:11 AM
I don't know about the 08s because I haven't sat in one, but on my 07 the anthracite headliner is a different material than the standard gray and beige headliners. The anthracite is a felt-like material.
I may have been informed incorrectly, now that you mention it.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pharding' post='429225' date='May 28 2007, 09:23 PM
What are your opinions of the anthracite headliner for my new 08 model year 550 sport? Does it make the cabin seem smaller?

Is this available by special order in the US with the car?
I ordered it in my 07 550.

I really like the black look of the headliner and I have the gray interior. The offset of the colors is nice. The material is a softer feel but of course its not the same as the anthracite headliner in the M5 which is a leather type. Doesn't make the interior seem smaller IMHO.

You should take a look at the color combo before ordering. Knauz had an M3 in the showroom last year (used) that had the gray interior and the anthracite headline and i was sold. You are welcome to see mine but I live up in Gurnee. What color interior are you ordering?
Old 05-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

I have the anthracite headliner in my E61 as it came as part of the ///M sport package. It definitely does make the interior cabin feel smaller, especially when the sunroof liner is closed.

I personally quite like it.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='429352' date='May 29 2007, 09:44 AM
I have the anthracite headliner in my E61 as it came as part of the ///M sport package. It definitely does make the interior cabin feel smaller, especially when the sunroof liner is closed.

I personally quite like it.
Why do you like the feeling of a smaller cabin? Or do you like it for another reason? I?ve been on the fence about this but worried it might darken the cabin too much as well as make it feel smaller.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Anybody have pictures of their anthracite headliner?
Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by pharding' post='429225' date='May 29 2007, 03:23 AM
What are your opinions of the anthracite headliner for my new 08 model year 550 sport? Does it make the cabin seem smaller?

Is this available by special order in the US with the car?
I have a new LCI M Sport with the anthracite headliner and must say I love it. My past few cars have all had light coloured interiors and this is making a refreshing change for me. Don't think it makes the cabin feel small, but then again I haven't been far in a standard car with standard headlining.

The Anthracite headliner is standard fit on all M Sport models here in the UK regardless of engine size.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Contributors

This will sound strange, but I almost bought a new M3 in '06, and when I sat in it, it was the first time I saw an anthracite headliner. My first gut reaction was that I really didn't like it at all because it made the car feel like I was in a cave. Then I found out that the headliner was a sport option, and so I then suddenly felt the need to have one in my new '08 E60. But then it hit me that I was only really buying it because I thought I should have it, while all along my first gut reaction was that I didn't like it. So I passed on it. The long and the short of this boring tale: go see one in a used car and see if you like the look of it. Don't just get it because you think you are supposed to have it, get it because you truly like the look.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='429363' date='May 29 2007, 08:47 AM
Why do you like the feeling of a smaller cabin? Or do you like it for another reason? I?ve been on the fence about this but worried it might darken the cabin too much as well as make it feel smaller.
The primary reasons I like the anthracite is firstly, the uniqueness of the anthracite, and secondly, that it is easier to keep clean than the light grey. I find with the sunroof opening and closing the sunroof liner tends to get dust marks. This has not happened with the anthracite liner.

I tend to drive with the sunroof liner open most of the time (even with the sunroof closed) and with the panoramic roof, it compensates for the closed in feeling with the darker liner.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ademitt' post='429372' date='May 29 2007, 10:10 AM
The primary reasons I like the anthracite is firstly, the uniqueness of the anthracite, and secondly, that it is easier to keep clean than the light grey. I find with the sunroof opening and closing the sunroof liner tends to get dust marks. This has not happened with the anthracite liner.

I tend to drive with the sunroof liner open most of the time (even with the sunroof closed) and with the panoramic roof, it compensates for the closed in feeling with the darker liner.

I think the decision should also be based on the interior color selected. My light gray color, which is really a shade of light blue, goes well with a darker headliner. I think black interior with a black headliner may be a bit dark. Again its personal preferance and you should take a look at it before you decide. Its a tough option to change after the fact.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Contributors

The anthracite headliner has another benefit as well. In the dark there are no reflections of the window pillars on the windscreen. The windscreen is just a huge bright thing in the middle of the black dashboard top and the headliner. You fully understand this only by driving a car with the anthracite headliner.

Quick Reply: Anthracite Headliner