E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Another reason to get Comfort Access

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You sure you weren't stoned? That sure sounds like something you'd do if you were stoned...
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

I don't have CA on the car I own now but I ordered it on the new car. I can't wait!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 1982 Pogo Stick, brick red

Just a note, it's a good idea to put the key fob in the key holder from time to time, as it recharges batttery.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Members

True story:

My Dad broke the key on his new Audi Q7 while its in the ignition, you cannot imagine the amount of hassle he got (he needs his car towed).

Then I showed him CA on my new 5er.

I'll tell you, its PWNED!

Old 09-20-2007, 01:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 520d Msport, Silver Grey, Amethyst Dakota Leather, 19" Mixed alloys, Media Pack, Visibility pack, Electric Memory seats, Heated Seats, Folding mirrors. 2007 320d Msport Touring, Sparkling Graphite, Lemon Dakota Leather, Comfort Access, Heated Seats. Westfield Megablade, Honda Fireblade 919cc engine, 135 BHP, 416 Kgs, FAST!!

Originally Posted by BigLew' post='471897' date='Sep 20 2007, 06:48 AM
Just a note, it's a good idea to put the key fob in the key holder from time to time, as it recharges batttery.
Are you sure?? I don't have it on my E60, but we do have it on the Wife's E91. On the E91 there is a replaceable battery in the fob, it is NOT rechargeable
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='471682
Are you sure?? I don't have it on my E60, but we do have it on the Wife's E91. On the E91 there is a replaceable battery in the fob, it is NOT rechargeable
yes the new keys arent rechargeable, i think all new keys are the same, even ones without CA need battery to be replaced..
Old 09-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='471971' date='Sep 20 2007, 06:09 PM
i have the old metal key and i do the same when runing fast errands, but i use two keys, the two keys with the remote locking, one stays in the ignition while i leave the car runing, lock the car, come back unlock it using the remote, and drive off..
yes the new keys arent rechargeable, i think all new keys are the same, even ones without CA need battery to be replaced..
Remote control without CA is rechargeable. The battery in the CA remote control needs to be replaced.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Contributors

so my dear experts - if the battery in the fob is dead , the CA does not work - obvious. so you take the key out of hte fob to open the car. pressing the start button does not work because the fob's battery is dead, so you insert the key back into the fob and push the fob in it's slot. Should the car start if you pressed the start button?

Background to my question: i got 3 keys from the dealer for my car - it seems that only one works with CA, the ohter one does not work, but the key in that fob is right. however, if i insert the fob and key in the slot, the car rejects the fob. So, is this because the battery might be down or the dealer gave me the wrong fob???

greetinz..
Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='471682' date='Sep 19 2007, 10:22 PM
I was out running errands that caused me to repeatedly get out of the car for just minutes at a time. I learned that you can leave the engine running but still lock the car with the fob if you choose to do so.
Rudy,

Just a cautionary thought... if someone broke the window on your car, could they get in and drive it away? I presume the door would be deadlocked by locking the car with the fob, so the doorhandle on the inside would not work, but would the door unlock button on the dash?

Over on this side of the water, insurance companies may refuse to pay out if your car was stolen whilst left with the engine running in this way, as they could argue that it was not properly secured and shut down. But then, if you are only a few feet away from the car and are in a nice area is it going to be an issue?

What do you all think?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 AM
Contributors

in austria, if the car gets stolen, you have to give the insurance company all keys and car papers, otherwise you see no penny...

Quick Reply: Another reason to get Comfort Access