E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Another reason to get Comfort Access

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1600' post='471656' date='Sep 19 2007, 11:51 PM
For those of w/o CA, would BMW Assist be able to unlock the trunk if necessary?
No. I've posted a topic about a year ago about my incident...
Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Members

do you think that it can be retrofit??
Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='471669' date='Sep 19 2007, 05:02 PM
Don't want to devaluate the CA but without the CA, you would not have been in the position to have put your bags with keys in the trunk as without CA you would have needed to take your keys out of the bag in the first place regardless, you are definitely right - it is a great feature to have (maybe a bit too pricey)...
Not necessarily. Without CA, it's still possible to close all the doors, open the trunk, press the lock button on the fob, then place the keys in the trunk and close it. You'd be SOL once you did that...

Speaking of cool CA features, here's one I don't remember anyone mentioning. A couple weeks ago, it was extremely hot and humid outside so running the A/C was something you had to do to keep the car bearable. I was out running errands that caused me to repeatedly get out of the car for just minutes at a time. I learned that you can leave the engine running but still lock the car with the fob if you choose to do so. Without CA, I don't think you could lock the car from the outside with the engine running. This feature should come in handy in the winter as well when warming the car up outside my office, etc.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='471682' date='Sep 19 2007, 05:22 PM
Not necessarily. Without CA, it's still possible to close all the doors, open the trunk, press the lock button on the fob, then place the keys in the trunk and close it. You'd be SOL once you did that...

Speaking of cool CA features, here's one I don't remember anyone mentioning. A couple weeks ago, it was extremely hot and humid outside so running the A/C was something you had to do to keep the car bearable. I was out running errands that caused me to repeatedly get out of the car for just minutes at a time. I learned that you can leave the engine running but still lock the car with the fob if you choose to do so. Without CA, I don't think you could lock the car from the outside with the engine running. This feature should come in handy in the winter as well when warming the car up outside my office, etc.
How far away from to car can one get with the remote in my pocket?. Will the car shut off?......I have seen a warning about a key flashing in the display.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

The warning is simply saying that the key is out of range so the car can't be re-started if it's turned off. As far as I know, it'll run until the gas runs out -- even if the key was miles away...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Contributors

I remember reading a post the other day, where the wife dropped off the husband, went to pick up kids or something like that, and could not start the car again because the fob was in the husbands pocket...

Rudy - you keep that car engine running here in austria (whether in winter or summer), you will be stoned by all the environmentalists (virtually everyone), specially with half of europe talking about co2 emissions, the magical 120g number and half of IAA presenting environmental friendly cars...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='471714' date='Sep 19 2007, 06:16 PM
I remember reading a post the other day, where the wife dropped off the husband, went to pick up kids or something like that, and could not start the car again because the fob was in the husbands pocket...

Rudy - you keep that car engine running here in austria (whether in winter or summer), you will be stoned by all the environmentalists (virtually everyone), specially with half of europe talking about co2 emissions, the magical 120g number and half of IAA presenting environmental friendly cars...
Wife must've ignored the warning then...

Stoned by environmentalists or just stoned environmentalists?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='471719' date='Sep 20 2007, 12:23 AM
Wife must've ignored the warning then...

Stoned by environmentalists or just stoned environmentalists?
you said it: wife must.....
Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Comfort Access is one of my favorite features right now as well! I just need to get Comfort Access for my home front door next!

(Rudy @ Sep 19 2007, 05:22 PM)
Thx, good to know!
Old 09-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='471714' date='Sep 19 2007, 06:16 PM

During my last ED, while driving from Copenhagen to Hamburg, I took a ferry from Robdyhaven in Denmark to Putgarden in Germany, by accident I left the engine running inside the ferry, because I had CA and the spare key was in the trunk, I was able to lock the car and did not realize the engine was running until it was time to drive off the ferry, it was about 1 hour ride. Lucky me I was not stoned nor stoned by anyone.

Quick Reply: Another reason to get Comfort Access