E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

another help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

Hi all, I just got my VMR V710, they are 19*9.5 ET22 for the rear and 19*8.5 ET20 for the front, and the tires size are 275/30 for the rear and 245/35 for the front. The tire brand is Sumitomo: HTR Z. Wheels and tires are brand new.

My problem is that the steering wheel and the driver seat vibrate when I drive 60 mile or more however I did wheel alignment, Wheel Balancing and Tire Rotation but the car still shakes!!!

Have you ever had something like this?? or Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Thank you for reading and your help will be highly appreciated
Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

do you think one of the wheels could be bent?

post pics once you get the vibration sorted out
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
do you think one of the wheels could be bent?

post pics once you get the vibration sorted out

I dont know but am taking the car tomorrow to see whats going wrong,

I'll post some pictures once I get my new headlights installed, very soon
Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by mbawazir
I dont know but am taking the car tomorrow to see whats going wrong,

I'll post some pictures once I get my new headlights installed, very soon
Give us some stats on the car to start with. Maintenance etc. Perhaps your thrust arm/control arm bushings, ball joint etc... check all your rubber pieces for cracks...go with polyurethane if you can find them. Make sure your wheels are Road Force Balanced not just computer balanced....make sure the the Road Force Balancer (Hunter GPS9700) has been calibrated as well. I pay $10 a wheel balancing I would never balance without it....simply not worth it. I'm pretty sure that's your issue because you will get intermittent vibrations and/or sloppiness if it were busings. Good luck. Let us know what happens.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I just cannot recognize this forum lately... I don't know if it is the F10 or what killed it, but daaaaang...

OP:

Did you install the hub-centric rings when you put the wheels on? If you got your VMR's new, they should have been included. I can bet you, hub-centric rings will take care of the vibration.

There's also a very distant chance that you have defective tires that are not perfectly round.

Also, rule out bad balancing. I suggest finding a local shop that does Road Force balancing and having them balance the wheels until they "zero out" on all sides.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Give us some stats on the car to start with. Maintenance etc. Perhaps your thrust arm/control arm bushings, ball joint etc... check all your rubber pieces for cracks...go with polyurethane if you can find them. Make sure your wheels are Road Force Balanced not just computer balanced....make sure the the Road Force Balancer (Hunter GPS9700) has been calibrated as well. I pay $10 a wheel balancing I would never balance without it....simply not worth it. I'm pretty sure that's your issue because you will get intermittent vibrations and/or sloppiness if it were busings. Good luck. Let us know what happens.
I just left my car at tire kingdom, there are some ppl ahead me, so am just waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully nothing cost too much
Old 11-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I just cannot recognize this forum lately... I don't know if it is the F10 or what killed it, but daaaaang...

OP:

Did you install the hub-centric rings when you put the wheels on? If you got your VMR's new, they should have been included. I can bet you, hub-centric rings will take care of the vibration.

There's also a very distant chance that you have defective tires that are not perfectly round.

Also, rule out bad balancing. I suggest finding a local shop that does Road Force balancing and having them balance the wheels until they "zero out" on all sides.

wheels are brand new and I picked them up from smone in DC.
I am not sure if the have hub-centric rings, but if not do you know from where to buy them online?
Thank you
Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mbawazir
I just left my car at tire kingdom, there are some ppl ahead me, so am just waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully nothing cost too much
? tire kingdom ?

Do you know specifically if they have experience working on BMWs ... Our cars have very finicky wheels and tires.

If they are a run of the mill tire store I'd suggest you look for a good local independent tire store that specializes in high-end cars. One way to check that out is to look for www.tirerack.com recommended installers on their website or post where you live / work and ask for a "WHO DO YOU RECOMMEND" on the forum.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

As noted check for hubcentric rings. I have the Sumitomo: HTR Zs too on my benz. I love them and have gone thru several sets. I did have one problem with one of the tires being out of round, but it was warranted.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
? tire kingdom ?

Do you know specifically if they have experience working on BMWs ... Our cars have very finicky wheels and tires.

If they are a run of the mill tire store I'd suggest you look for a good local independent tire store that specializes in high-end cars. One way to check that out is to look for www.tirerack.com recommended installers on their website or post where you live / work and ask for a "WHO DO YOU RECOMMEND" on the forum.

man I have tried to find any shops who know about BMWs, but my result was nothing. I live in Charlotte, NC and most ppl who got BMW cars are 40 and older. They dont care about moding cars and stuff like that. The only place I trust here is my local dealership and the dont do moding