E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 545i Joins!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All

Thought I would just do a quick post to rave about the E60 and how good it is - I just picked up my '04 low kilometer blk/blk 545i NZ new (important because NZ is unique around the world - we can bring in used cars with few restrictions from anywhere (as long as they are <5years old have airbags & meet emissions standards) this means you can source nearly anything you like used from Europe or Asia - NZ new is generally preferred because you can exactly track the car's history.

I love the looks, power, handling, power steering (super clever) feels very similar in terms of power and handling to the E34 M5 I had in the UK 6 years ago, obviously the refinement, safety, interior etc has moved to a whole new level. (I am going to get another E34 someday - I'll never forget that car - my first with a proper engine and no traction electronics I might add)

Now all I have to do is get my Sony K750i mobile to work (I have searched and there is a couple of posts to say it does) having read them I realised I may need to pull the standard BMW supplied phone (no SIM card in it currently) out before it might work - I'll try tonight.

It's great to be driving one now - this forum is unbealivably good as you can find any detail you need (see above) - plus it was very helpful when evaluating at my car.

Heres a photo (I posted this once before when someone asked if they should go for a E39 M5 or a E60)

Another 545i Joins&#33;-545i.jpg

Very happy
Stu
Attached Thumbnails Another 545i Joins&#33;-545.jpg  
Old 07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Where are you located? From the plate looks like Europe... but I'm curious about this NZ thing... not that I'll ever import a car to the US.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by kiwistu' post='442380' date='Jul 2 2007, 12:17 AM
Hello All

Thought I would just do a quick post to rave about the E60 and how good it is - I just picked up my '04 low kilometer blk/blk 545i NZ new (important because NZ is unique around the world - we can bring in used cars with few restrictions from anywhere (as long as they are <5years old have airbags & meet emissions standards) this means you can source nearly anything you like used from Europe or Asia - NZ new is generally preferred because you can exactly track the car's history.

I love the looks, power, handling, power steering (super clever) feels very similar in terms of power and handling to the E34 M5 I had in the UK 6 years ago, obviously the refinement, safety, interior etc has moved to a whole new level. (I am going to get another E34 someday - I'll never forget that car - my first with a proper engine and no traction electronics I might add)

Now all I have to do is get my Sony K750i mobile to work (I have searched and there is a couple of posts to say it does) having read them I realised I may need to pull the standard BMW supplied phone (no SIM card in it currently) out before it might work - I'll try tonight.

It's great to be driving one now - this forum is unbealivably good as you can find any detail you need (see above) - plus it was very helpful when evaluating at my car.

Heres a photo (I posted this once before when someone asked if they should go for a E39 M5 or a E60)

Attachment 34688

Very happy
Stu
Congrats, where are you from?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='442385' date='Jul 2 2007, 05:24 PM
Congrats, where are you from?
New Zealand!

Thanks
Stu
Old 07-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='442384' date='Jul 2 2007, 05:23 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Where are you located? From the plate looks like Europe... but I'm curious about this NZ thing... not that I'll ever import a car to the US.
In New Zealand - literally the other side of the world - re the number plate you can order a Euro Style number plate to match the space BMW etc put on the car (dead cool - they fit perfectly)

cheers
stu
Old 07-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and congrats on the 545. enjoy the forums as well as your e60
Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by kiwistu' post='442391' date='Jul 1 2007, 10:33 PM
In New Zealand - literally the other side of the world - re the number plate you can order a Euro Style number plate to match the space BMW etc put on the car (dead cool - they fit perfectly)

cheers
stu

AH so its a fake Euro plate hahaah I got one of those myself.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=229683

Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by kiwistu' post='442380' date='Jul 2 2007, 12:17 AM
Hello All

Attachment 34688

Very happy
Stu
Congrats and welcome! Very nice car indeed! Here's to many pleasurable driving miles ahead for you! ENJOY & BEST REGARDS!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Welcome to the E60.net family kiwistu I have a 545i as well, you'll LOVE IT!!!!
I was in Valencia, Spain at the Alinghi base last week and watched the America's Cup race 1,2, and 3 between team Alinghi and ETNZ. One more race to win

Check out the Kiwi race boat behind me
Another 545i Joins&#33;-freed0m_etnz.jpg

Originally Posted by kiwistu' post='442389' date='Jul 1 2007, 10:30 PM
New Zealand!

Thanks
Stu
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i