E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Annoying seat belt reminder

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='362757' date='Dec 2 2006, 01:33 PM
My briefcase triggers the seatbelt light/chime too. If I would've known about this BEFORE I bought the car I may have looked at a different vehicle altogether.
I dont think so other car just over your briefcase hahaha
Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

I've never understood the opposition to wearing seatbelts. So many here want to emulate race drivers; here's an easy way to start!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I like some of the replies.

BMW should give you the choice to disable the seatbelt chime if you chose to do so. It's probably safer if you drove slower too. Imagine if BMW installed a feature in our cars that made it so you couldn't travel over the posted speed limit. It's not about whether you SHOULD wear your seatbelt, it's about the fact that they MAKE you. I'm not sayng you should or shouldn't wear your seatbelt, I just don't understand why they can't leave that decision up to the driver.

Also, for what it's worth..

English Bulldogs don't bark or move around all over the car (at least the last 3 I had did not). The dog gets in the car and goes to sleep. For long trips the dog lays down in the passenger seat and shifts her wieght around just enough that the seatbelt chime does not go off. I think she does it just to piss me off. Contrary to popular belief, they don't slobber either.

The dog is no more of a distraction than the average driver who is talking on their cell phone. Hell, some are even eating a eating a BigMac or putting on make-up while looking at the mirror on the visor.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530dA 3/2004

If Youre begging sympathy, you don't receive any.
It is totally stupid and dangerous to let a dog be free in the front seat. no mater it's race, it is still only an animal.
Idon't care about Your life a shit, but it might be happen that your dog for some reason jumps etc suddently and that cause You to drive to unwanted direction to kill innocent people like me.
Yes, we are not perfect anybody, but at least we should do everything what is possible to make our journey a bit safer.
Propably we are not living in same country, so possibility fo crash is minimal, not still zero...
The link which showed how to ignore seat belt warining is incredible. If there is any intelligence in this forum, it should be deleted immidiatelly. So stupid.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

everyone just please where a seat belt. you never know what could happen. avoid getting a ticket and avoid injury/death. be safe out there.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Originally Posted by jaki' post='363167' date='Dec 3 2006, 01:09 PM
It is totally stupid and dangerous to let a dog be free in the front seat. no mater it's race, it is still only an animal.
Idon't care about Your life a shit, but it might be happen that your dog for some reason jumps etc suddently and that cause You to drive to unwanted direction to kill innocent people like me.
Yes, we are not perfect anybody, but at least we should do everything what is possible to make our journey a bit safer.
Propably we are not living in same country, so possibility fo crash is minimal, not still zero...
The link which showed how to ignore seat belt warining is incredible. If there is any intelligence in this forum, it should be deleted immidiatelly. So stupid.

Begging for sympathy? Yeah, that's what I need. Especially from someone as clueless as you. A puppet in our society. Listen moron, it's not about wearing your seatbelt (since you seem to be so hung up on that). I'm sure you've never exceeded the speed limit either. How many times do we need to pound this into your head? I guess we'll all just continue "on our journey". What a joke.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='363195' date='Dec 3 2006, 09:37 PM
Begging for sympathy? Yeah, that's what I need. Especially from someone as clueless as you. A puppet in our society. Listen moron, it's not about wearing your seatbelt (since you seem to be so hung up on that). I'm sure you've never exceeded the speed limit either. How many times do we need to pound this into your head? I guess we'll all just continue "on our journey". What a joke.
Hey guys, i think you should stop this.

Wearing the seatbelt is your choice.If you dont want to wear then its ok if you want to then again its ok.The result either way will affect you.

I also agree that the dog MUST NOT be in the front.As said it can very easily affect the driver's behaviour.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:33 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by wasupdu' post='363155' date='Dec 3 2006, 06:28 PM
The dog is no more of a distraction than the average driver who is talking on their cell phone. .

Which in the UK and many other countries is illegal.

BMW does not make you wear a seat belt. It just annoys you if you do not.

Knowing the crazy legal set up in the US, if a manufacturer sold a car which did not constantly warn you to put on your seat belt, they would get a law suit from some idiot who failed to use it, lost thier face on the windshield and then cried "But nobody told me I could get hurt if I didn't!"

You reap what you sow.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KAF' post='363218' date='Dec 3 2006, 09:33 PM
Just a pedantic off-topic note (UK).

Mobile phones and the law

You would be breaking the law if you picked up or used any type of phone that is, or must be, held to operate it. You may receive a fixed penalty fine of ?30, raising to a maximum of ?1000 (?2,500 for drivers of vans, lorries, buses and coaches) if the matter goes to court.

You can also be prosecuted for using a hands-free mobile phone if you fail to have proper control of your vehicle.

Drive carelessly or dangerously when using any phone and the penalties can include disqualification, a large fine, and up to two years imprisonment.
Sorry for the diversion.

ABC
Old 12-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' post='363149
My man although you have some points the tone is impropriate don't you think? Let's chill so we can all be firends and discuss it like adults.

About the last line i disagree because this is the essence of this forum. It's not comunism it's democracy and the admin/moderator intervention is minimal and that's the best way and so "there are no waves in the water" if you know what i mean!? On the other hand the level of intervention of the mods/admins show that we have a very civilised forum thanks to the members and thanks to the admins. Unless some things get way out of control from various factors or spam or smth like that there is really no need to delete that topic. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and everyone can do whatever he/she wants with his/her life as long as it doesn't draw touch to third parties like stated above.

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='363207

BMW does not make you wear a seat belt. It just annoys you if you do not.

Knowing the crazy legal set up in the US, if a manufacturer sold a car which did not constantly warn you to put on your seat belt, they would get a law suit from some idiot who failed to use it, lost thier face on the windshield and then cried "But nobody told me I could get hurt if I didn't!"
You reap what you sow.
I agree with this.
About the last paragraph kinda funny but true. Americans will sue for everything if they have the chance to and btw not to offend any american here you know what my american teacher said to us at an mba programme i'm attending? "Remember americans are stupid so yes you will have to do the proper APA style" I am sure he was joking more and i am too so all you bros in US i hope you didn't get offended.
Cheers!

Quick Reply: Annoying seat belt reminder