E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Annoying clicking/squeaking sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by JC3' date='Sep 14 2005, 08:09 PM
I wonder who dictates what country gets what, especially all these little touches.? ? Wonder what the job title is??
[snapback]170746[/snapback]
SERIOUSLY! But I think my dealer jacked me. I mean if someone from Northern California has the first aid kit...
Old 09-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 2006 Jet Black w/tan leather. Premium package; Sport Package; Sat Radio

EBMCS03 to support your "jacked" therory...I bought my car in SoCal and drove it up to NorCal. Sorry!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Originally Posted by JC3' date='Sep 14 2005, 08:09 PM
Strange isn't it... I've got fuses, tools, safety triangle and first aid kit. But I don't have an internal boot (trunk) release button nor do I have the rechargeable flashlight in the glovebox compartment...

I wonder who dictates what country gets what, especially all these little touches.? ? Wonder what the job title is??
Yes I'm sure your dealer took your first aid kit and played with the bandaides and put the tensor bandage on his head

Seriously , the first aid kit is totally worthless. It's a novelty.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:09 PM
Yes I'm sure your dealer took your first aid kit and played with the bandaides and put the tensor bandage on his head?

Seriously , the first aid kit is totally worthless. It's a novelty.
[snapback]170781[/snapback]
Hahahah ya! he better save those band aids... after I'm thru with them

P.S. BTW. Dealer where I purchase the car and where I service the car are completly different. So thats why sometimes u hear I like my dealer and sometimes you hear i dont...
Old 09-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Sep 15 2005, 12:41 AM
[quote name='JC3' date='Sep 14 2005, 08:09 PM']I wonder who dictates what country gets what, especially all these little touches.? ? Wonder what the job title is??
SERIOUSLY! But I think my dealer jacked me. I mean if someone from Northern California has the first aid kit...
[snapback]170774[/snapback]
[/quote]

You've missed nothing. Stopped at an accident on a highyway on Monday. Victim had heavy bleeding from a large gash in scalp. I ran to my car, pulled the First Aid kit and sh*% when I zipped it open. Suitable for maybe a childs doll house. Suprised the bandaids were not Charlie Brown or Snoopy stamped!

Ended up using a Griot garage drying towel (fortunately it was clean) I had in my trunk to control bleeding until parameds arrived. That soaked up the blood.

Like I said ,you've missed nothing.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Sep 14 2005, 10:19 PM
Hahahah ya! he better save those band aids... after I'm thru with them? ? ?

P.S. BTW. Dealer where I purchase the car and where I service the car are completly different.? ? So thats why sometimes u hear I like my dealer and sometimes you hear i dont...?
[snapback]170788[/snapback]
Would either one of those be Center BMW in Sherman Oaks? (Van Nuys Blvd.)
The SA's there (Bill and Chris who is now Service Manager) have been good to me, so far (fingers crossed).
Old 09-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by joneill' date='Sep 15 2005, 06:45 AM
You've missed nothing. Stopped at an accident on a highyway on Monday. Victim had heavy bleeding from a large gash in scalp. I ran to my car, pulled the First Aid kit and sh*% when I zipped it open. Suitable for maybe a childs doll house. Suprised the bandaids were not Charlie Brown or Snoopy stamped!

Ended up using a Griot garage drying towel (fortunately it was clean)? I had in my trunk to control bleeding until parameds arrived. That? soaked up the blood.

Like I said ,you've missed nothing.
[snapback]170876[/snapback]
Yeah, that First Aid kit is nothing to brag about, but take it for what it's worth. Afterall, I wouldn't want to open my trunk and find an operating table.

Oh, and I must say, you did a great deed by stopping to help. I don't know too many people who would do the same.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Sep 14 2005, 11:41 PM
[quote name='JC3' date='Sep 14 2005, 08:09 PM']I wonder who dictates what country gets what, especially all these little touches.? ? Wonder what the job title is??
[snapback]170774[/snapback]
[/quote]
I did the ED thing and at drop off I took out the First Aid Kit and the Warning Triangle to make sure I would have them upon redelivery.When I took delivery at the dealer he told me that the First Aid kit was missing and they put in a replacement.IMO the First Aid Kit is a good thing to have it does have usefull things in it .
cheers
vern
Old 09-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

Originally Posted by bitboy' date='Sep 14 2005, 02:22 AM
I am sure most of the E60 owners on this forum are bugged by squeaks & rattles. I had one that appeared the first day I drove the car. I was a very soft clicking/squeaking sound. And what make it worst was that it was not consistent. Some days I hear it and other days I didn?t. It got to the point where I always wanted the radio on!

Well, today I found it and I was very surprise what it was. It seems the small zipper pull on the first aid kit in the trunk was rattling against the compartment cover. The fix was easy. I just put a small piece of tape on it and it stopped rattling!

I mention this on the forum because others may have the same annoying sound and have not found it yet. I hope this info will help someone else.

[snapback]170215[/snapback]

Wonderful!

Isn't it great to know that the ride on the e60 is so refined that you can hear a zipper rattle ........in the trunk!!!

Oh the things we have to complain about !!!!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GB525dTour' date='Sep 15 2005, 07:58 AM
Wonderful!

Isn't it great to know that the ride on the e60 is so refined that you can hear a zipper rattle ........in the trunk!!!

Oh the things we have to complain about !!!!!!
[snapback]170903[/snapback]
I never thought of it this way.
Good point!

Quick Reply: Annoying clicking/squeaking sound