E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel Lights Gone When Vehicle On

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 AM
hks
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 550i Sport

Ok my 2006 550i when switched on usually has the angel lights on. However, i took my vehicle to a BMW place and they calibrated my headlamps because they were pointing down on the ground causing me not to see at nights. When i went to collect the car they had programmed it to for the daytime running lights and i asked them to remove it and put it back to how it was before. After removing the daytime running lights feature when the vehicle is now on, the angel lights are off. The guy told me he doesnt know how to get them on for when the vehicle is switched on. Anyone knows much about this?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought the daytime running lights were the angel eyes, you asked them to remove it? Maybe that is why they aren't on anymore? LoL maybe I'm confused here also but someone else may be better to confirm if the DRL are the angel eyes.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:59 PM
hks
Members

no you are confused. the vehicle used to have the angel lights on automatically when switched on. when i took it to them they reprogrammed it with the daytime running lights. The daytime running lights are actually lights that come on and not the angel lights. anyway they removed the daytime running lights and tried putting it back to how it was before but now the angel lights dont appear automatically when switched on.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:09 PM
hks
Members

here is a picture with the daytime running lights on a 3 series.He had reprgrammed it and put on the daytime running lights and i asked him to take it off and Put it back to how it was. Mine used to have just angel lights on which are the round rings.He tried putting it back to how it was but now when i turn on the vehicle the headlamp is completely off

Angel Lights Gone When Vehicle On-bmw.jpg
Old 06-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
I always thought the daytime running lights were the angel eyes, you asked them to remove it? Maybe that is why they aren't on anymore? LoL maybe I'm confused here also but someone else may be better to confirm if the DRL are the angel eyes.
I have the option in my idrive (LCI) to turn the drl on or off, the drl is actually the angel eyes, just brighter than normal. So turning them off means no angel eyes unless you activate the parking lights (one click to the right)
Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
hks
Members

Originally Posted by mookish
I have the option in my idrive (LCI) to turn the drl on or off, the drl is actually the angel eyes, just brighter than normal. So turning them off means no angel eyes unless you activate the parking lights (one click to the right)
ok so if you turn the option on and turn on the vehicle, the angel lights automatically comes without turning on the parking light?

BTW how do you get into this option?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by hks
ok so if you turn the option on and turn on the vehicle, the angel lights automatically comes without turning on the parking light?

BTW how do you get into this option?
Yes, when the DRL is turned on the AE's come on when you fire up the ignition, no need to activate the parking lights.

On the LCI it can be done via idrive, pre-LCI needs coding I believe.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, Premium Package, Grey Leather, Rear Euro Reflectors

Originally Posted by hks
Ok my 2006 550i when switched on usually has the angel lights on. However, i took my vehicle to a BMW place and they calibrated my headlamps because they were pointing down on the ground causing me not to see at nights. When i went to collect the car they had programmed it to for the daytime running lights and i asked them to remove it and put it back to how it was before. After removing the daytime running lights feature when the vehicle is now on, the angel lights are off. The guy told me he doesnt know how to get them on for when the vehicle is switched on. Anyone knows much about this?
I want that same set up on my 2005 530i, but I was told they could only code on the DRL's (round lights next to the headlamps), but not the AE's. If they code off the DRL's, then I must turn on the parking lights to get the AE's to light up.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 PM
hks
Members

Originally Posted by mookish
Yes, when the DRL is turned on the AE's come on when you fire up the ignition, no need to activate the parking lights.

On the LCI it can be done via idrive, pre-LCI needs coding I believe.
Fact is i had just the rings on when i switch on the vehicle without activating the parklight...Now they cant even explain why its like this now or even know how to get it back. I have to turn on the park light to see the rings...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by hks
Fact is i had just the rings on when i switch on the vehicle without activating the parklight...Now they cant even explain why its like this now or even know how to get it back. I have to turn on the park light to see the rings...
Really. I have never heard of any pre-LCI's being this way. It always needed to be turned on to parking light for the angel eyes to be on, unless there was something wrong with your electrical system before (which would actually mean that it's not suppose to be on in the first place).

Quick Reply: Angel Lights Gone When Vehicle On