E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel eyes and LED amber light on only?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m630' date='Jun 24 2005, 08:00 AM
....i go back and forth between the E60/E63, nearly daily it seems, ...as soon as I believe im set with the E63, i'll see a beautiful E60 drive past me and i get all confused again...
[snapback]142715[/snapback]

For the past 5 years or so (since the rumors of a new 6er surfaced) I decided that I would wait and buy the new 6 whenever it came out. What made me change my mind was the following:

1. When the final design of the 6er was revealed I liked it.....but not as much as I liked the E60's design. I have been a fan of BMW for decades and have owned many, but every time they would come out with a new model in the back of my mind I wished that they were a bit more modern in design. Don't get me wrong, I thought they all looked great, but not as modern as I would have liked. They started getting more modern with the X5 and the E65.....and the E60 pushed it even further into modern design. Compared to the E60 the E63's design seemed a bit less modern. Maybe that's why many of the E60 bashers from Roadfly actually liked the E63.

2. With the 545i I would have spent more than I should have already, so the E63 would have cost me another $7000 or so......that was pushing it too far.

3. With a toddler and a new baby having to put them in their car seats in the back of a two door was a pain in the butt (with my M3), so I decided that I definately need a four door for now.

However, if I were to get a 6er it would be the E64, not the E63. IMO the 6er is one of the very few cars who's convertible looks better than the hard top.

OH.....sorry....this thread was supposed to be about angel eyes and LED's.....I will stop the thread hijack
Old 06-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jun 24 2005, 11:48 AM
For the past 5 years or so (since the rumors of a new 6er surfaced) I decided that I would wait and buy the new 6 whenever it came out.? What made me change my mind was the following:

...However, if I were to get a 6er it would be the E64, not the E63.? IMO the 6er is one of the very few cars who's? convertible looks better than the hard top.

OH.....sorry....this thread was supposed to be about angel eyes and LED's.....I will stop the thread hijack?
[snapback]142763[/snapback]
...funny, i was the same way, as soon as I had heard there would be a new 6, i said i'd wait and get it next,... though the 5er has turned me on, especially after seeing the M-sport pix from our friends around the world and their beautiful cars... its still a toss up, if I go with the E60, i wouldnt get the 550, it'd be the 530, (though still hoping for a 540 offering since that makes the most sense) as i dont need the ~367bhp in NYC, ...ofcourse the E63 only comes one way right now, so it will be whatever is offered....

...and if i lived in LALA land like you , i too would go for the E64, it does look amazing with the top down , but NY weather just makes it more of a pain than useful....

OK, thread hijack over!!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by m630' date='Jun 24 2005, 11:19 AM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Jun 24 2005, 11:48 AM']
For the past 5 years or so (since the rumors of a new 6er surfaced) I decided that I would wait and buy the new 6 whenever it came out.? What made me change my mind was the following:

...However, if I were to get a 6er it would be the E64, not the E63.? IMO the 6er is one of the very few cars who's? convertible looks better than the hard top.

OH.....sorry....this thread was supposed to be about angel eyes and LED's.....I will stop the thread hijack?
[snapback]142763[/snapback]
...funny, i was the same way, as soon as I had heard there would be a new 6, i said i'd wait and get it next,... though the 5er has turned me on, especially after seeing the M-sport pix from our friends around the world and their beautiful cars... its still a toss up, if I go with the E60, i wouldnt get the 550, it'd be the 530, (though still hoping for a 540 offering since that makes the most sense) as i dont need the ~367bhp in NYC, ...ofcourse the E63 only comes one way right now, so it will be whatever is offered....

...and if i lived in LALA land like you , i too would go for the E64, it does look amazing with the top down , but NY weather just makes it more of a pain than useful....

OK, thread hijack over!!!!
[snapback]142776[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well I say top up and it still looks beautiful. And the top is so nice that it should be just fine in NY or NYC.

Only reason I did not get cabrio is wife already had her Audi Cabrio and was not going to get rid of it anytime soon. We did need more trunk space in any alternate car to her cabrio hence my going for the coupe. But if I get an opening I'll not hesitate going for the E64. What I may do is pass on the M6 in coupe form and see if they follow up in a year or so with the Emmy in Cabrio form. BMW M folks have not ruled it out.