E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel eyes and LED amber light on only?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW White 545i w/ Premium, Sport, Dynamic Handling Package

i see lots of pics from e60.net that ppl can light up Angel eyes and Amber light only. how you guys do that?

i found out as soon as i start the engine, the day time running light (inner light not HID) will be on. i had try to set it to auto, on and off. there is no help at all.

can anyone kindly tell me how do you do that?
Old 06-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Members

My Ride: White w/ auburn interior, 2005 BMW 545i, with sport package, smg, navigation, head-up display, premium sound package, and cold weather package
Smile

i would also like to know, i hate the look of the daytime running lights.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:07 AM
Contributors

personally i luv DRLs, but if you dont want them on and just want the angel eyes and LEDs, you have to go to the dealer and have them re-program idrive to turn the DRLs off, then you will just have the same look you are seeking...
Old 06-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Yes, the dealer will do it for you. It's not a setting that we can set, although I think Europeans have this option.

I don't like them either, makes my car look like a chevy.

Originally Posted by m630' date='Jun 23 2005, 09:07 AM
personally i luv DRLs, but if you dont want them on and just want the angel eyes and LEDs, you have to go to the dealer and have them re-program idrive to turn the DRLs off, then you will just have the same look you are seeking...?
[snapback]142352[/snapback]
Old 06-23-2005, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

can come one plz post a pic about the subject? one with them one without...if possible! thank you
Old 06-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

i see lots of pics from e60.net that ppl can light up Angel eyes and Amber light only. how you guys do that?
I don't know about you Canadians...

But on my car, there are 4 headlight positions for the Headlight control dial.

1. Automatic On

2. Off

3. Angel Eyes / Interior Amber

4. Manual On.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

You have Day time running lights, others dont

you can have them turned off then you will only see the angel eyes when you select the first on position on the light switch

We have never had DRL here and you would go nuts because everyone would keep flashing you to tell you your lights are on
Old 06-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW White 545i w/ Premium, Sport, Dynamic Handling Package

in Canada, you have to have DRL on right after you release the ebrake.
in my case as soon as i start the engine on my car, my day time running light will be on even i haven't released my ebrake yet. i don't know about other e60 owner in Canada if this happens to them as well.
maybe re-program will be a thing, but dunno if dealer willing to do this for me or not because disable the DRL will be again the law here. at least they should re-program that DRL light up after i release ebrake.

i just wants to take a kool pics of my baby with angel eyes and amber light on only.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

On my car, Daytime running lights can be turned on or off via iDrive.

I currently have DRL turned off, but to get the effect you are referring to, I just turn the light switch 1 click to the right of the "0" or off position.
(this setting is sometimes referred to parking lights).
Old 06-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PuRePLaYaZ' date='Jun 23 2005, 01:34 PM
in Canada, you have to have DRL on right after you release the ebrake.
in my case as soon as i start the engine on my car, my day time running light will be on even i haven't released my ebrake yet. i don't know about other e60 owner in Canada if this happens to them as well.
maybe re-program will be a thing, but dunno if dealer willing to do this for me or not because disable the DRL will be again the law here. at least they should re-program that DRL light up after i release ebrake.

i just wants to take a kool pics of my baby with angel eyes and amber light on only.
[snapback]142480[/snapback]

As you said the dealer probably will not disable the DRL's since they are required by law in Canada.

You said that you can't have just the angel eyes/LED's on because as soon as you turn the car on the DRL's come on. If you want to drive the car with these lights on and without the DRL's then that is a different story, but if you want this just for the purpose of taking pictures as you mentioned, then why do you even start the engine....for that matter why do you even put the key in the ignition. If you just turn the light switch to position "1" (see pictures) without even inserting your ignition key in, the angel eyes and LED's should come on.....that is the way mine works. Sice you have not even inserted or turned the ignition key then the DRL's would be off.

If that is not the case with your car and none of these parking lights come on without the key then which key position do your DRL's come on in (I am talking about the ignition key position NOT the headlight switch position)? I would guess that the DRL's come on in position "2", which means that if you insert the key, turn it one click to position "1"and then turn your light switch to position "1" (see pictures), then you should get the desired effect without the DRL's coming on.

Finally if neither of the two options above does the trick on your car, and you really want this just once for the purpose of taking pictures then you can unplug the wires going to the H7 bulbs at the inner section of the headlight and then turn the light switch to position "1". This should turn on the angel eyes, LED's and eyebrows so that you can take some pictures.

Quick Reply: Angel eyes and LED amber light on only?