E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel eyes don't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i miss too
must try way to fix that.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Originally Posted by seakat' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:44 AM
[quote name='cader' date='Jun 17 2005, 05:49 AM']...went outside and checked...just upgraded from 13.2 to 17.1 today...all lights work properly...545i - 3/04 Build - Nav...
[snapback]140287[/snapback]
Nice photos.

I miss my LED's
[snapback]140347[/snapback]
[/quote]

I would have missed them too - hence the running outside to check or I don't think I would have slept very well last night...Good luck on getting them fixed!

...next - need to check Voice Recognition...
Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

So far bad news, I called service center around 12:30pm and I was told they have been having very hard time w/the lights the moduel isn't talking w/the car (or something like that) and they have been at it all day and waiting to talk to BMW. I'm going to call again soon to see what they want me to do. F'ing LED's JUST WORK :'(
Old 06-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

STILL HAVE THE Rent-a-car Ford Taurus guess I'll have it all weekend. I called and he said that he just left the person working on my car and there are light parts all over the place he said BMW has them going in a whole different direction now .... I wonder if they will ever get the led's going. Wish they just did a puma on it till they knew what was wrong insted of takeing my whole car apart. I hope they put back my new bulbs I got for the low-beams or I'm gonna snap, also last time I picked up my car (they had it for 3 days) they did awful job washing it (if they even did) there was green pollin crap covering my car and a huge lump of bird crap, he got what looked like windex and cleaned the bird crap off but I would have thought he would have made them re-wash my car... so far don't know how I like the service, also I am always calling them he is never calling me to give me head's up on what's going on... well guess we won't know anything until Monday... anyone else got led news???
Old 06-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 17 2005, 09:29 PM
STILL HAVE THE Rent-a-car Ford Taurus guess I'll have it all weekend.? I called and he said that he just left the person working on my car and there are light parts all over the place he said BMW has them going in a whole different direction now? ? .... I wonder if they will ever get the led's going.? Wish they just did a puma on it till they knew what was wrong insted of takeing my whole car apart.? I hope they put back my new bulbs I got for the low-beams or I'm gonna snap, also last time I picked up my car (they had it for 3 days) they did awful job washing it (if they even did) there was green pollin crap covering my car and a huge lump of bird crap, he got what looked like windex and cleaned the bird crap off but I would have thought he would have made them re-wash my car... so far don't know how I like the service, also I am always calling them he is never calling me to give me head's up on what's going on... well guess we won't know anything until Monday... anyone else got led news???
[snapback]140533[/snapback]
I can feel your pain John007. Some dealers just don't get it.

I've just went to buy some icecream with my kids (very hot night here), and near the shop I saw a fellow E60 turning to park nearby. Are those LED's gorjeous or what! I really felt jealous
Old 06-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Senior Members

[snapback]140533[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can feel your pain John007. Some dealers just don't get it.

I've just went to buy some icecream with my kids (very hot night here), and near the shop I saw a fellow E60 turning to park nearby. Are those LED's gorjeous or what! I really felt jealous
[snapback]140554[/snapback]
[/quote]
Now that i think about it I don't even think that they worked when I got the car, I could be wrong but I don't see them in any of my pictures, not many are taken with the lights on but I really don't know if they worked... I hope they get them working.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

i somehow dont think its the module... i think its the software... either it messed up part way while loading and "kinda" works but screwed up the LEDs maybe they should re-load instead... i dont think its the module... unless the software burt the modules...
Old 06-18-2005, 05:02 AM
Members

maybe software burn the module...
or software issue...

those two for sure
Old 06-18-2005, 06:11 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525iA, silvergray, steptronic, Active steering, PDC, sport seats, beige dakotaleather, poppel trim, M-sport steering wheel, star spoke 123, xenon lights, large clima, cruise control.

I had my on an upgrade to V17 tuesday and wednesday and after I read these thread I had to look - no amber lights

Sweden - Europe
Old 06-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jun 18 2005, 04:06 AM
i somehow dont think its the module... i think its the software... either it messed up part way while loading and "kinda" works but screwed up the LEDs maybe they should re-load instead... i dont think its the module... unless the software burt the modules...
[snapback]140620[/snapback]
That's true EBMCS03, it's very unlikely (but not impossible) for a change of s/w to burn a module, so most probably s/w is the culprit.

One other possibility is that not all LED controlling modules are equal, and the latest versions (16.xx upwads) don't work well with some of them.

But then the s/w testing team at BMW gets a tumbs down for not doing proper testing on all known hardware revisions on the market.

If that's to much work to do, how can they be sure there are no side effects on more critical modules (fuel injection, steptronic, etc etc)

Quick Reply: Angel eyes don't work