E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

angel eyes

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d Automatic Silver grey with beige dakota leather, Blue tooth, extended lights xenon head lights, park distance, 138 wheels,extended aircon, service inclusive

Approx two months ago I had a software upgrade which turned
off the angle eyes.

I today phoned dealer again to ask if there was a further upgrade to turn lights back on.

Informed that Bmw had not yet cured the problem and may not do as here in the UK the lights were being mistaken for indicator lights.

Has any body else had this cured. Am I being fobed off.
Any comments out there

:'(
Old 08-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by ANDY' date='Aug 31 2005, 08:59 PM
Approx two months ago I had a software upgrade which turned
off the angle eyes.

I today phoned dealer again to ask if there was a further upgrade to turn lights back on.

Informed that Bmw had not yet cured the problem and may not do as here in the UK the lights were being mistaken for indicator lights.

Any comments out there

[snapback]165637[/snapback]
Is this some kind of London law???

The white "Angel Eyes" are "parking lights" and approved by EU law!

The "eyebrows" above the angel eyes are yellow (orange) and they should also be approven by EU law as well as the side led lights.

Maybe your dealer is not up to date?
Old 08-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Automatic Silver grey with beige dakota leather, Blue tooth, extended lights xenon head lights, park distance, 138 wheels,extended aircon, service inclusive

Originally Posted by Ricracing' date='Aug 31 2005, 02:06 PM
[quote name='ANDY' date='Aug 31 2005, 08:59 PM']Approx two months ago I had a software upgrade which turned
off the angle eyes.

Any comments out there

[snapback]165637[/snapback]
Is this some kind of London law???

The white "Angel Eyes" are "parking lights" and approved by EU law!

The "eyebrows" above the angel eyes are yellow (orange) and they should also be approven by EU law as well as the side led lights.

Maybe your dealer is not up to date?
[snapback]165639[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 08-31-2005, 11:24 AM
Members

I actually meant the eyebrows which no longer turn on
Old 08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by ANDY' date='Aug 31 2005, 09:24 PM
I actually meant the eyebrows which no longer turn on
[snapback]165654[/snapback]
Hey ANDY,

Did you find this writing from BosseP999

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=15178&st=15

He's a lucky guy now!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Members

I've had my SW upgraded too, and the eyebrows are not working. Dealer told that this will be solved with the next upgrade.

I have some kind of problem with my passengers side window anti-trap function, at least when operated from driver's side. Window seems to think that there are some obstackles in between... Weird...
Old 08-31-2005, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer530d' date='Aug 31 2005, 10:26 PM
I've had my SW upgraded too, and the eyebrows are not working. Dealer told that this will be solved with the next upgrade.

I have some kind of problem with my passengers side window anti-trap function, at least when operated from driver's side. Window seems to think that there are some obstackles in between... Weird...
[snapback]165687[/snapback]
This window anti-trap malfunction is a known problem on the e60.net.

Please try the search on this site to find about the cure, I did and it worked out.