E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Angel Eye Upgrade Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i M-Sport: RPi GT Exhaust, RPi Ram-Air, GP Thunder angel eyes and fog lamps, LED license plate lamps, Full LED interior

Hey guys, sorry I'm sure this has been covered, but I've searched and have yet to find the answer.

I got my Weisslicht angel eye upgrade bulbs in, but I can't figure out how to get to them, or where they're located even. I've looked in the owner's manual but the picture in there is no help whatsoever. I've found tons of how-to's for the 3 series but not the 5.

Could someone point out or circle where they are in the pictures? This is the passenger side headlight shown.

Attached Thumbnails Angel Eye Upgrade Help-img_0165.jpg   Angel Eye Upgrade Help-img_0166.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

If you have an LCI e60 with xenon headlamps, then the AE kit bought should fit/work...here's a DIY to install AE bulbs for LCI xenon headlamps. Not sure if the weiss kit will cause an error code tho....https://5series.net/forums/topic/591...#entry635593if you have halogen headlights and/or a pre-LCI e60. those Weiss lights won't work...
Old 07-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | STEPTRONIC | Xenon

This looks like LCI, if so open what i circled.
Attached Thumbnails Angel Eye Upgrade Help-img_0166.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Sport: RPi GT Exhaust, RPi Ram-Air, GP Thunder angel eyes and fog lamps, LED license plate lamps, Full LED interior

Originally Posted by whoyuwit
This looks like LCI, if so open what i circled.
Thanks so much!

Yes, it's an 08, so it's LCI. They assured me that these would work with the LCI E60 with no codes. Not really sure how the ballast is supposed to fit in there though but I'll figure it out I'm sure.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by mestes1999
Thanks so much!

Yes, it's an 08, so it's LCI. They assured me that these would work with the LCI E60 with no codes. Not really sure how the ballast is supposed to fit in there though but I'll figure it out I'm sure.
It's a 550 so it should be xenon. The little cap is correct, and it should be the only bulb that you can extract without too much issue. As for the error, Weisslicht been claiming it's error-free, but many pissed off members have reported otherwise.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
It's a 550 so it should be xenon. The little cap is correct, and it should be the only bulb that you can extract without too much issue. As for the error, Weisslicht been claiming it's error-free, but many pissed off members have reported otherwise.
totally missed the op's sig
Old 07-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Members
Senior Members

No worries GENEaTALS, I don't think that was there when we replied.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Members

"It's a 550 so it should be xenon. The little cap is correct, and it should be the only bulb that you can extract without too much issue. As for the error, Weisslicht been claiming it's error-free, but many pissed off members have reported otherwise."

I know I'm sounding pretty dense here, but just to clarify... So you mean I'm only supposed to use the bulb and not the ballast?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Members
Senior Members

mestes1999 I'm not sure if you can return them or maybe sell them but if i were you i would get the 6w-led from trinity which is PnP. I have read the same thing that nomis_nehc said about then giving errors.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/115...-for-lci-e60s/
Old 07-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mestes1999
"It's a 550 so it should be xenon. The little cap is correct, and it should be the only bulb that you can extract without too much issue. As for the error, Weisslicht been claiming it's error-free, but many pissed off members have reported otherwise."

I know I'm sounding pretty dense here, but just to clarify... So you mean I'm only supposed to use the bulb and not the ballast?
how about you post a pic of the weisslicht kit so we can better help you out here. I the surprised you do not have any instructions to help. Did you contact the vendor as well for install support.

I would think it's pretty simple tho. Insert bulb into light housing, plug in ballast connector/weisslicht adpator to oem plug....

Quick Reply: Angel Eye Upgrade Help