E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Angel eye lens cover has fallen (XENON Light) 550i

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 05:27 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i w/ M Sprt Pckg, Space Grey Metallic w/ Leather Grey Dakota Seats, Sprt Auto Transmission, Sport Automatic Transmission, Paddle Shifters, NAV, , Xenon/Adaptive Headlights, Wheels M Double Spoke 172, Black Matte Kidney
Default Angel eye lens cover has fallen (XENON Light) 550i

Any one know how to fix without breaking the seal?
e60 550i 08

Last edited by eondi66; 05-25-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i
Model Year: 2008

Same exact thing happened to me.

Pop the hood and remove the circular cover over that light. You will be working just thru that small opening and it can be very time consuming.

I used a flathead screwdriver to pull the bottom part of the lens cover inwards and my fingers to grasp at the top part and pull that inwards. However, the reason that the cover popped out is because the original glue has failed. So you need to try and get the cover pulled inward as tight as possible. Some kind of tape may help to hold it in position as well.

You'll also find that the cornering lamp and reflector assembly needs to be remounted once you get the cover back in place.

The whole process is a PITA but the only other option is to open up the entire headlight assembly or buy a new one.