E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel eye bulb replacement question... Pre LCi E60

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 530d M sport

Hi!

I have a 2005 Pre-LCI 530i M sport petrol E60.

I have the standard Xenon lights but the high beam and the angel eyes are of the dimmer yellow halogen type.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can change the other bulbs on my pre ?LCI headlights to make my e60 brighter and more white with brighter type bulbs.

I havw tried looking for a DIY how to remove the headlight and replace the angel eye bulbs but I could not find one.

Any recommendation of what i can use and where to get them.

I am also looking to replace the license plate bulbs (standar at the moemnt with aftermarket LED types that are direct replacemnets... any ideas?

I a bit scared of taking the headlights out as I know that the xenon bulbs are really expensive and I didn?t want to dmage the loom.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Members

Just replace the angels dude, get pure white ones or whatever you prefer cargym and some other places offer. I did it to my 2005 E60 and the angels look way cooler.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

I suggest checking out our WeissLicht LED angel eye upgrades.

These are a guaranteed 100% plug and play solution with no errors or your money back. Also, here's a PDF file of the DIY guide for your reference.

http://www.bimmian.com/elements/page...LHU/LHU608.pdf

Check it out in the link below and let me know if you had any questions or concerns.

WeissLicht Ultra-Bright LED Angel Eye Upgrade for BMW [B-XHU-01]

Old 08-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Members

I alos found this PDF file as to how to remove headlight and bulbs as well.... from the same people....

http://www.bimmian.com/elements/page...LHU/LHU604.pdf
Old 08-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Originally Posted by nevrev73
Hi!

I have a 2005 Pre-LCI 530i M sport petrol E60.

I have the standard Xenon lights but the high beam and the angel eyes are of the dimmer yellow halogen type.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can change the other bulbs on my pre ?LCI headlights to make my e60 brighter and more white with brighter type bulbs.

I havw tried looking for a DIY how to remove the headlight and replace the angel eye bulbs but I could not find one.

Any recommendation of what i can use and where to get them.

I am also looking to replace the license plate bulbs (standar at the moemnt with aftermarket LED types that are direct replacemnets... any ideas?

I a bit scared of taking the headlights out as I know that the xenon bulbs are really expensive and I didn?t want to dmage the loom.

Any help would be appreciated!
For a pre-LCi Xenon headlight you could check with forum member brabusw209amg. He has a couple of options available including the MTEC V2.1
He is an E60 lighting "guru". You can access the angel eye bulb next to the highbeam bulb by removing the circular access panel...
but it may be much easier to remove the headlight assembly and change the bulb that way.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Members

Ive got big hands so it would be easier to take headlight out. I had problems doing my old VW golf headlights and they were easy to get to!

I heard that the MTEC bulbs come up with "check light" error message on some i-drives so not sure about those.... anyone got any personal experience with them?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW
I suggest checking out our WeissLicht LED angel eye upgrades.

These are a guaranteed 100% plug and play solution with no errors or your money back. Also, here's a PDF file of the DIY guide for your reference.

http://www.bimmian.com/elements/page...LHU/LHU608.pdf

Check it out in the link below and let me know if you had any questions or concerns.

WeissLicht Ultra-Bright LED Angel Eye Upgrade for BMW [B-XHU-01]

how is this product compares to the Vtec 2. I have Vtec 2 right now but somewhat disappointed with it and looking to get brighter ones. Thinking of Orion but still unsure if I want to open the headlight housing apart.

Anyone has this?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

rctmthouse: you'll be disappointed with those too, I guarantee it.

First of all, like I and several member have iterated, capturing AE is difficult in pictures, and they practically always look brighter in pictures. I bet you that it is the same with the pics above.

Secondly, the dimness is due to the design flaw on BMW's end. The use of optic cable to transfer the light output after the traveling length to disperse light into two separate halo optics is simply inefficient, especially for the design of Pre-LCI rings.

Lastly, the pictures above aren't even E60, nor is it Pre-LCI. They look like the new (LCI) E90/92, which has slightly better AE ring to allow light source to travel better.

Go Orion and never look back.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Just for reference, here's a picture I took earlier around 1PM of my car with Orions -- DIRECTLY under the beautiful SoCal sun.
Attached Thumbnails Angel eye bulb replacement question... Pre LCi E60-grill-finished.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
rctmthouse: you'll be disappointed with those too, I guarantee it.

First of all, like I and several member have iterated, capturing AE is difficult in pictures, and they practically always look brighter in pictures. I bet you that it is the same with the pics above.

Secondly, the dimness is due to the design flaw on BMW's end. The use of optic cable to transfer the light output after the traveling length to disperse light into two separate halo optics is simply inefficient, especially for the design of Pre-LCI rings.

Lastly, the pictures above aren't even E60, nor is it Pre-LCI. They look like the new (LCI) E90/92, which has slightly better AE ring to allow light source to travel better.

Go Orion and never look back.
+1

Some of us are still looking for the actual picture of an E60 with WeissLicht LED angel eye upgrades. So far none has been provided.

Quick Reply: Angel eye bulb replacement question... Pre LCi E60