E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amazing, just amazing!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I just got back from a road trip to Lansing, MI and Chicago, IL from NJ. I covered a little over 2,300 miles in total over the the last week and I must say that I think my love for this car has risen another notch (as if that was possible). Let's take it up another notch!! Thank you Emeril! LOL. The ride was so comfortable and smooth, even on my 19" M5 rims. All the power I needed was there throughout the range although it was difficult to drive around the speed limit!! I had my occasional bursts to 110 - 140 mph when someone needed to be shown who's boss but generally drove 4 - 8 mph over the limit on cruise control. I thought I got some AMAZING gas mileage. The gas mileage for my entire trip was 25.8 mpg. During my regular city driving I'm usually getting ~16 mpg. I looked at the stats and the official highway mileage is 26 mpg so we're right on the button there. I just really find it amazing. Ohhh yeaahhh baby!!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The more one drives a E60 (even the harder), the more one loves it!

Goes for ALL E60's.

Thanks Mark, this site is great!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

I can't say the same for my last road trip ...... On my last trip to Vegas I had a flat and it was in a horrible area.... I thought I was gonna die the whole time I was changing the tire lol. At least I didn't mess up my rim thank you TPM ... But I still don't love my baby any less it just had a flesh wound lol. But I don't think I'll be taking it to Vegas anymore!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i SE Oct 03 (53 plate) 19" Alpina Classic rims

Very happy with mine.
Large capacity cars are fairly rare here in the UK - If you want good torque and grunt you normally have to drive a diesel.
The 545 has more than enough grunt for long distance driving- my 4-500 mile day trips usually result in 28mpg.

I remember, back when I had my first car (a Triumph Toledo 1300cc!) back in 1983 if it did 25 mpg I would be happy!

Well done BMW
A quick pop at Audi (my friends RS4 struggles to make 16 mpg)
Old 06-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Yup I agree with your there Lomag! The cars not bad...
Old 06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='441461' date='Jun 29 2007, 01:10 PM
I just got back from a road trip to Lansing, MI and Chicago, IL from NJ. I covered a little over 2,300 miles in total over the the last week and I must say that I think my love for this car has risen another notch (as if that was possible). Let's take it up another notch!! Thank you Emeril! LOL. The ride was so comfortable and smooth, even on my 19" M5 rims. All the power I needed was there throughout the range although it was difficult to drive around the speed limit!! I had my occasional bursts to 110 - 140 mph when someone needed to be shown who's boss but generally drove 4 - 8 mph over the limit on cruise control. I thought I got some AMAZING gas mileage. The gas mileage for my entire trip was 25.8 mpg. During my regular city driving I'm usually getting ~16 mpg. I looked at the stats and the official highway mileage is 26 mpg so we're right on the button there. I just really find it amazing. Ohhh yeaahhh baby!!
so, how did you like Chicago?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='441484' date='Jun 29 2007, 11:45 AM
I can't say the same for my last road trip ...... On my last trip to Vegas I had a flat and it was in a horrible area.... I thought I was gonna die the whole time I was changing the tire lol. At least I didn't mess up my rim thank you TPM ... But I still don't love my baby any less it just had a flesh wound lol. But I don't think I'll be taking it to Vegas anymore!
+1 I got a flat on the way to Vegas too. TPM's FTW! Luckily the rest stop I threw my spare on at had a mini tree w/ sparse shade.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Mark - You should have told us you were coming to Chi-town ... we could have put together a gathering! Glad you had an enjoyable and safe journey.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='441461' date='Jun 29 2007, 01:10 PM

Couldn't agree with you more here! We enjoyed a similar road experience, cruising the Pacific Northwest up in Oregon and part of Washington. My E60 continued to more than deliver ALL the goods in spades, many times over, plain and simple. The overall driving experience was very reassuring, rewarding and confidence inspiring. Truly an amazing package for sure. Definitely feel very blessed, fortunate and grateful. Well, it certainly could be a lost worse you know! Ha ha. BEST REGARDS ALL!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='441649' date='Jun 29 2007, 09:32 PM
Mark - You should have told us you were coming to Chi-town ... we could have put together a gathering! Glad you had an enjoyable and safe journey.
he should've come this weekend for the Taste of Chicago

Quick Reply: Amazing, just amazing!!