E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Am I complaining about nothing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Btw, thank you for educating me on braking systems. I learned something new. Again, thank you.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by pjinca
I suspect he's located where import taxes are VERY high, like some parts of Asia and the middle east, which would explain the price. Back when I had my 530 a friend from Taiwan told me it would cost about the same as an M5 does here (in the US) to buy it in Taiwan. LOL, when's the last time you saw a $50k Renault?
Yeah, I suspect as much as well. Considering Renaults are practically nonexistent here in the US, I figured he was somewhere else. $130K anywhere for any 5-series is crazy.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M Sport, Alpine White, 2006, Australian
Model Year: 2005

Someone deleted my last post, so I've lost interest in the topic anyway.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I agree! sheesh looks like someone is passionate about lying.

Anyway, sorry to offend you. I think our definition of capitalism is much different.The marketing machines and so forth. Go to school and get an education about the ENTIRE picture and you will understand what I'm talking about eventually. I get it now. 10 yrs ago I didn't understand everything. Perhaps in 10 yrs you will. Maybe 20 or 30. Perhaps you never will.
Now go protect those opium fields that you've liberated and protect those afghani drug dealers so you can get products at a good price to dump onto the people so they can end up in rehab or in jail or killing or committing other crimes. Point is, it creates jobs. Someone eventually has to pay to keep them contained and treat them "humanly" and so forth so more taxes and money. keep your prison systems full, it's profitable and keeps the system afloat. See how off track you've gone? There isn't a thing you can bring up where I will give you facts to debunk your little passionate theories. Most likely I will give up trying after the first paragraph because it's not worth my time. I am not against capitalism, I am against people making crimes against others. We probably have different view of what a crime is. I am not against democracy but let's face facts. In the U.S. there is no democracy. They lie, cheat, backbite, slander, lobby etc. to gain ground. This is not fair and it's a crime against the people. But ask me if I care, I don't get involved in worldly affairs. Have your world and when you die have your afterlife and taste of what you've earned. So you see, it all boils down to a similar scenario: you call one person a terrorist and and another calls it a freedom fighter. Can you believe a known liar? Do you even know what a lie is?

If you were educated in worldly affairs you would think "ok the price for this vehicle is that much, and the fact that he has a close relative nearby mean he must be europe" Have you ever heard of this land called europe?
Words are not arbitrary, and meanings are not subjective - maybe you should say what you mean. Capitalism is defined as "an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth. "

When you say you're not against capitalism, do you mean your made-up definition or the real one?

The fact that you believe going to "school" (whether you meant K-12, college, graduate, or what) would give someone an accurate and realistic view of "wordly affairs"; that you use cheap catchphrases like "marketing machine", "the system", and "the people"; and that you've painted me with such a broad and inaccurate brush based on a couple paragraphs - gives me confidence that addressing any of the other several incoherent and unrelated topics you brought up is going to be frustrating and fruitless.

This is a car forum, anyway - no one wants to read that.

Last edited by LessIsMore; 04-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I agree! sheesh looks like someone is passionate about lying.

Anyway, sorry to offend you. I think our definition of capitalism is much different.The marketing machines and so forth. Go to school and get an education about the ENTIRE picture and you will understand what I'm talking about eventually. I get it now. 10 yrs ago I didn't understand everything. Perhaps in 10 yrs you will. Maybe 20 or 30. Perhaps you never will.
Now go protect those opium fields that you've liberated and protect those afghani drug dealers so you can get products at a good price to dump onto the people so they can end up in rehab or in jail or killing or committing other crimes. Point is, it creates jobs. Someone eventually has to pay to keep them contained and treat them "humanly" and so forth so more taxes and money. keep your prison systems full, it's profitable and keeps the system afloat. See how off track you've gone? There isn't a thing you can bring up where I will give you facts to debunk your little passionate theories. Most likely I will give up trying after the first paragraph because it's not worth my time. I am not against capitalism, I am against people making crimes against others. We probably have different view of what a crime is. I am not against democracy but let's face facts. In the U.S. there is no democracy. They lie, cheat, backbite, slander, lobby etc. to gain ground. This is not fair and it's a crime against the people. But ask me if I care, I don't get involved in worldly affairs. Have your world and when you die have your afterlife and taste of what you've earned. So you see, it all boils down to a similar scenario: you call one person a terrorist and and another calls it a freedom fighter. Can you believe a known liar? Do you even know what a lie is?

If you were educated in worldly affairs you would think "ok the price for this vehicle is that much, and the fact that he has a close relative nearby mean he must be europe" Have you ever heard of this land called europe?
Educated minds don't blast their opinions on the internet while insulting others in the process. Your entire paragraph is non sequitur. Stick to the topic...Brakes.