E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Almost Crashed Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I was driving to work this morning on 87N towards downtown San Jose. I was behind a Ford Explorer for about 3 miles and as I got to the downtown area where the freeway is currently under construction and is routed with several short curves, I changed to the left lane to pass the Explorer. We were both going about 60 mph. Right as I was about next to him, the guy swerves into my lane. Now people in the SJ area knows that part of the freeway is really really tight. In an instant, I stepped on the brakes, honked my horn and held on for dear life. I kid you not, I was probably less than 6 inches on either side from the center divider and him. I swore at that moment that my car was scraping on both sides. I also swore that he did it on purpose because I was behind him for a good while and had my lights and foglights on so when he got back in his lane, I got next to him and flipped him off and at that point, I wanted to slam into him and run him off the road (I thought my sides were damaged already).

It turns out he was an older gentleman and he was waiving to say sorry, he didn't see me. I was still pissed so i stayed right next to him, mouthing bad words the whole time. About 2 miles later he exited and I went straight. Then I realized...wtf?? That's a hit and run!!! Again, I thought my car was banged up so I pulled over and jumped out to inspect.............

No damage at all...

I'm still a little shaky thinking about it. I also feel bad for giving that man a birdie....
Old 11-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I am very glad there was no foul. I have dodged quite a few since getting my 545i. They all want to hit it, but not the Vett. Hummm?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Glad to hear everything turned out - would have hate to have heard about sandwiching your ride.

I know what you mean about the birdie. I have done that when pissed, then feel bad about it afterwards.

I was really pissed off at a Detroit airport because a limo would not let me merge over. Now, I was only in Detroit on business and didn't know where the fxxk I was going, so I was really pissed. I flipped off the inconsiderate bastxxd and mouthed a few words. Now I am not a small guy, but this guy was about 6'5" 275 lbs. I don't flip people off anymore.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='196880' date='Nov 11 2005, 02:35 PM
I was driving to work this morning on 87N towards downtown San Jose. I was behind a Ford Explorer for about 3 miles and as I got to the downtown area where the freeway is currently under construction and is routed with several short curves, I changed to the left lane to pass the Explorer. We were both going about 60 mph. Right as I was about next to him, the guy swerves into my lane. Now people in the SJ area knows that part of the freeway is really really tight. In an instant, I stepped on the brakes, honked my horn and held on for dear life. I kid you not, I was probably less than 6 inches on either side from the center divider and him. I swore at that moment that my car was scraping on both sides. I also swore that he did it on purpose because I was behind him for a good while and had my lights and foglights on so when he got back in his lane, I got next to him and flipped him off and at that point, I wanted to slam into him and run him off the road (I thought my sides were damaged already).

It turns out he was an older gentleman and he was waiving to say sorry, he didn't see me. I was still pissed so i stayed right next to him, mouthing bad words the whole time. About 2 miles later he exited and I went straight. Then I realized...wtf?? That's a hit and run!!! Again, I thought my car was banged up so I pulled over and jumped out to inspect.............

No damage at all...

I'm still a little shaky thinking about it. I also feel bad for giving that man a birdie....

first off, glad you (and the car) came out ok. i'm from the bay area too and i hear you about san jose.

secondly, with your adrenaline pumping, flipping off the guy and mouthing a few bad words is, in my humble opinion, quite OK. that was close - i don't think you can stop your adrenaline from venting at the guy who messed you up. i remembered one time overtaking a car that cut in front of me, and when i pulled up, it was an older lady that seemed oblivious to what she has done. i still honked before passing her.

all's well that ends well, i guess - consider yourself lucky today!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Daydok, but what does your license plate say? I don't think my brain is working right after this morning so I can't figure it out..haha BTW, check the Meet and Greet thread for another planned Bay Area meet some time in Jan in case you're interested.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by daydok' post='196890

No damage at all...

first off, glad you (and the car) came out ok. i'm from the bay area too and i hear you about san jose.

secondly, with your adrenaline pumping, flipping off the guy and mouthing a few bad words is, in my humble opinion, quite OK. that was close - i don't think you can stop your adrenaline from venting at the guy who messed you up. i remembered one time overtaking a car that cut in front of me, and when i pulled up, it was an older lady that seemed oblivious to what she has done. i still honked before passing her.

all's well that ends well, i guess - consider yourself lucky today!
[/quote]
I agree about the adrenaline. I generally am able to keep it from pumping though many years of practice. Still, someitmes it is there. But, in Phoenix, you can get shot easily if you misbehave. That knowledge is a great deterent. It's not the cowboys or Indians; it's the gangsters. Mostly, they kill each other though. Don't let me scare you; Phoenix is a great place so come visit.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Did you introduce to him the (!) if you knwo what i mean?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Hi EuroCarFan,

I'm SO GLAD that nothing happened to your E60. Man, what an experience! There have been a few instances where other cars just don't seem to see me and my titanium silver E60.

I've been meaning to go to the dealership and have them program the daytime running lights for me! I don't particularly like having the daytime running lights on; however, if it will get me more noticed then maybe it's a good idea.

But then again, YOU had your LIGHTS AND FOGLIGHTS on and the guy STILL DIDN'T SEE YOU!
Ugh.

Glad that you and your Black "Mach545" are fine!
-CoolTones
Old 11-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Tony,

So glad that you and your car is fine. I would be furious and yelling at the guy if i were you as well..
Old 11-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Contributors

Thanks guys. Don't know if it came across right the way I wrote it but that was the closest experience I ever had, besides actually crashing. Just glad nothing happened.

Quick Reply: Almost Crashed Today!!!