E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

For all the E60 Owners with Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White w/ auburn interior, 2005 BMW 545i, with sport package, smg, navigation, head-up display, premium sound package, and cold weather package

i would chose another BMW, but would go for the m5 or m3 (my dream car)
i have a 1998 lexus ls400 and a 1992 infiniti q45 and they cannot compare. i have been inlove with BMW since i laid eyes on the m3 and since i purchsed my e46 two years ago, i have never thought of looking at another car company
Old 06-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Members

Don't want to sound like a sellout here but I would buy a Lexus GS430.

As much as I enjoy my E60, I don't like breakdowns with my $60K machine. If I wanted that, I would have bought a Dodge or Hyundai for $15K.

On the other side of the coin, 550i....
Old 06-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Jun 27 2005, 10:42 AM
I have also started noticing this - E60s seem to be everywhere these days. I hope it does not repeat the 3-series phenomena, i.e. one in every 10 cars on the motorway is a 3 series? :'(
[snapback]143446[/snapback]
Marty,

I think every 10th car I saw yesterday was an E60! I think our American friends at least have the cachet of driving a more exclusive car which they possibly don't see many of on their travels. The success of BMW in the UK is nothing short of astonishing. I have a friend who recently took a Vectra SRi as a company car in preference to a BMW or Audi because he thought it was a more individual choice and a rarer sight on UK roads. I think he just might have a point
Old 06-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by Ziering545I' date='Jun 27 2005, 03:06 AM
If you can walk away from the car ASAP and not take any loss and your car has been a shop queen what would you buy or lease then?

Would you get another BMW?
Mercedes?

Sports car, Porsche, Maserati

Or will you go to Infiniti or Lexus which I would not even consider.

E60 is an unbelievable driving machine however all the quirks and breakdowns and operating cost dont make up for it.
[snapback]143296[/snapback]
MY favourite is Ferrari ENZO but e60 and no M5 dunno wanna buy an oil tanker in Kuwait
Old 06-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Members

In the price bracket of the E60 I cannot think of another 4 door saloon that I would rather have.
I do rather hanker after the following though in no particular order:
Porsche Boxster ( could only afford 2.7 )
Porsche Cayenne
SLK
Range Rover Sport
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jun 27 2005, 08:32 PM
[quote name='marty530d' date='Jun 27 2005, 10:42 AM']I have also started noticing this - E60s seem to be everywhere these days. I hope it does not repeat the 3-series phenomena, i.e. one in every 10 cars on the motorway is a 3 series? :'(
[snapback]143446[/snapback]
Marty,

I think every 10th car I saw yesterday was an E60! I think our American friends at least have the cachet of driving a more exclusive car which they possibly don't see many of on their travels. The success of BMW in the UK is nothing short of astonishing. I have a friend who recently took a Vectra SRi as a company car in preference to a BMW or Audi because he thought it was a more individual choice and a rarer sight on UK roads. I think he just might have a point
[snapback]143531[/snapback]
[/quote]

Jeezo ! Someone choosing a Vectra over a BMW - I think I need a drink

I did a circuit of the M25 on Monday (not for fun I add) and I saw a good few E60s, and you know what, I think that they were ALL 535d Sports. I think this car could well explain the increased popularity.

Think about it - what over car can you get with the performance/economy of a 535d, with the looks of an E60 Sport all in the practical package of a large saloon so that the wifey is happy !
Old 06-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Jun 27 2005, 02:44 PM
? Jeezo ! Someone choosing a Vectra over a BMW - I think I need a drink?
I'll tell you something about his Vectra. It's the new 150bhp 1.9 GM/Alfa diesel engine and it is seriously fast . I got a Saab 9-3 Vector sport with the very same GM/Alfa diesel as a loan car from my Porsche dealer a couple of weeks ago whilst my Cayenne was in having sports exhausts fitted. That is one seriously quick car too. Doesn't have the same state of tune as the SRi but it is very quick indeed and is only spoilt by the usual Saab problem of serious torque steer as it is front wheel drive. I think both of these cars would easily keep pace with a 530d. Driving it certainly opened my eyes and made me wonder why most Saab drivers pootle around like pensioners. If you see a 9-3 or a Vectra with the little red D badge on the boot don't be fooled into thinking you can easily out gun it.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:01 PM
If you see a 9-3 or a Vectra with the little red D badge on the boot don't be fooled into thinking you can easily out gun it.
[snapback]143551[/snapback]
I definately need a drink !
Old 06-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Originally Posted by Berlin.BMER' date='Jun 27 2005, 01:05 AM
Another BMW and nothing else! Even with issues, it is still number one in my book!
[snapback]143355[/snapback]
I like my 545 BUT i'd like to see this feature. A way to upgrade the software via WiFi. This way we can just upgrade and fix our Idrive, dynamic drive malfunction, anti window trap, and other abnormalities via my wireless network. Rather than putting our car in the shop for 1,2, 3 days or more, why not upgrade the car via internet. If manufacturers can automatically upgrade my $1000 video software, BMW can certainly do this to my car.

Ok...I'll put my crack pipe down now!!!

Teriyaki
Old 06-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jun 27 2005, 04:01 PM
[quote name='marty530d' date='Jun 27 2005, 02:44 PM'] ? Jeezo ! Someone choosing a Vectra over a BMW - I think I need a drink?
I'll tell you something about his Vectra. It's the new 150bhp 1.9 GM/Alfa diesel engine and it is seriously fast . I got a Saab 9-3 Vector sport with the very same GM/Alfa diesel as a loan car from my Porsche dealer a couple of weeks ago whilst my Cayenne was in having sports exhausts fitted. That is one seriously quick car too. Doesn't have the same state of tune as the SRi but it is very quick indeed and is only spoilt by the usual Saab problem of serious torque steer as it is front wheel drive. I think both of these cars would easily keep pace with a 530d. Driving it certainly opened my eyes and made me wonder why most Saab drivers pootle around like pensioners. If you see a 9-3 or a Vectra with the little red D badge on the boot don't be fooled into thinking you can easily out gun it.
[snapback]143551[/snapback]
[/quote]
I need a drink aswell. I know diesels. i had lots of them, i know the difference of even 30 hp in diesel world. I have (not for long 535d on the way) a passat 110hp and i know what the same car can do with 140 hp. A golf with the 2.0 TDi engine can keep up with ur vectra or saab because of the weight. So to say a vectra/saab with 150 hp could keep up with a 530d 218 hp and 500NM of torque...man you got facts allllll wrong even if the 5 is 150-200kilos heavier. The 530d would be superior at every chapter: stand off acceleration, top speed and even on the track.

And btw for me it doesn't matter to see that almost everyone has a 5 series or a passat or whatever i drive. I love my own car if it doesn't make me alot of problems and satisfies me on demand, and don't care too much what other people drive. It's a bit of insanity and grandomany to consider selling ur car because other people have the same car. It just shows that other people appreciate the car/make and i would simply simile every time i would see another car like mine on the streets.

And another fact: try, pls try not to buy a car in the first year since the model was introduced. That's because almost all models from all the carmakers have some kind of issues at the beggining(no one is perfect). It's correct other have a bit more issues, but in the end not all are ultimate driving machines.

Quick Reply: For all the E60 Owners with Problems